shape
carat
color
clarity

Side Stones Color VS Center Stone Color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

first123

Rough_Rock

Thank you all once again for all your help. I am getting closer....

Ok so I already posted the ACA center stone I purchased from WF.

And just today I decided to go with the Harmony setting also from WF! (Thanks LynnB for sharing!)

I''m wondering whether the sidestones in the setting will make the I colored center stone look warmer than if it were in a solitare?

Any thoughts?

first123

Rough_Rock
Sorry, the side stones are Color: F/G, Clarity: VS

Here are the center stone specs:

Report: AGS
. Shape: A Cut Above H&A
. Carat: 1.550
. Depth %: 61.1
. Table %: 55.4
. Crown Angle: 35
. Crown %: 15.4
. Star : 53
. Pavilion Angle: 40.6
. Pavilion %: 42.6
. Lower Girdle %: 79
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 7.46-7.48X4.60
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

:)

Brilliant_Rock
I think the melee are small enough that it is very unlikely they will make the honker center stone appear warmer :) If you are really worried perhaps you could ask them to use G/H stones or H/I instead of F/G but that may cost extra or delay delivery as they may have to then specially craft it. It is worth calling and asking though if you are really worried!

stone_seeker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 9:55:19 PM
Author:first123

And just today I decided to go with the Harmony setting also from WF! (Thanks LynnB for sharing!)

I'm wondering whether the sidestones in the setting will make the I colored center stone look warmer than if it were in a solitare?

Any thoughts?

I typically make them the same color. or at most one color grade off. since its melee and on the shank it probably wont matter. ask if they have H/I options for the shank. but melee stones are so small its hard to get them to be super white and bright anyway it likely wont impact your center stone much especially since your center is a great cut

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
You shouldn''t notice much of a difference. My center stone is an I princess, and while I don''t have sidestones, I do have F/G princess surprise diamonds, and they don''t make the center stone appear any warmer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
should be fine.my wife wears a I color E-ring with a WF F/G color w-band.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/19/2008 9:55:19 PM
Author:first123

I''m wondering whether the sidestones in the setting will make the I colored center stone look warmer than if it were in a solitare?

Any thoughts?

Nothing to worry about, it will be fine!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, that setting is my FaVoRiTe!!!!!!!!!!! It''s going to be GORGEOUS with your awesome ACA ROCK!!!!!!!!! NO worries at all about an I in that setting. I have a G-H 7 pointer eternity band from signed pieces that I wear with my K ering and it''s not a problem at all.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results