shape
carat
color
clarity

SI1 stone. Will it be eye-cleaned? Feathers--

frodorick

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am about to buy this stone.
I am worried about the eye-clean from the sides/top because of the many feathers on the AGS report.
Brian tells me it is eye-clean from 9-12 inch top view- OK that i understand - I am wondering about what will be eye visible from closer, will it be from the sides or the top. Will it be the crystals or feathers.
I am not worried about durability issues rom what I have read

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/1.090-h-si1-round-diamond-ags-104061594009

Thank you very much

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are interested in not being able to see anything after staring at it at less than 9-12 inches then you should look into VS clarities.

If you really want to know about the side view, you need to ask BGD.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can't comment on particular stones of sellers- but I can say that clarity is not a straightforward as it might seem.
For example Julie's statement, ostensibly, makes a lot of sense:
JulieN said:
If you are interested in not being able to see anything after staring at it at less than 9-12 inches then you should look into VS clarities.
In fact, this may not be a practical approach for many shoppers- here's why
1) VS1 and VS2 stones can have imperfections that may be visible through the table- it's rare, but they do exist
2) Many SI2 and SI2 diamonds do not have imperfections visible through the table.
Many buyers select SI clarity diamonds for budgetary reasons, and many buy eye clean diamonds.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results