shape
carat
color
clarity

Show the best examples of melee/pave/micropave...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Surprisingly I couldn''t find a single topic that strictly dealt with excellent examples of melee...specifically micropave.

I read Leon''s article, as well as look at many of his examples. I think they look far different than others examples...and I am trying to find someone comparable to Leon''s work.

It''s a little subjective, but I would love to see other custom designers who do such great work with micropave.

I read a few articles and had no idea that the melee diamonds could be full cut!!! and the quality of them matters so much, which may explain why I don''t like some of the pave I don''t like.

-G

mishelly

Rough_Rock
Moosejaw--what articles did you read? Were they on this site? I''d love to read them too, as I''m looking at having a RHR made w/small diamonds, perhaps melee.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If you go to artofplatinum.com you can find his article there I believe.

-G

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2007 10:39:06 PM
Author:Moosejaw
I am trying to find someone comparable to Leon''s work.
I dunno about "comperable" but in similar leagues:

Maytal Hoffman (an up&comer, used to work for Beaudry)
Michael Beaudry
Jack Kelege

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Mark Morrell has done micropave and it's gorgeous. there are also many designer micropave settings that are spectacular and well done too. Michael B, beaudry, daniel K, Jack Kelege etc... Maytal, a gal who used to work for beaudry is located in Cal. and does pave work which good reviews here. I'm not sure of her last name but if you type in Maytal, some old threads should pop up with examples of her work.

ETA: it would help if I read all of deco's post..duh
3.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Moosejaw. I read that LM article too. Really interesting.

I''m curious if any of the diamond vendors are really good at melee/pave? A lot of them offer custom work. I thought I may have read about diamonds popping out on a few vendor pave settings, but I could be wrong.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2007 11:12:45 AM
Author: starryeyed

I''m curious if any of the diamond vendors are really good at melee/pave? A lot of them offer custom work. I thought I may have read about diamonds popping out on a few vendor pave settings, but I could be wrong.

starryeyed, no matter who makes the setting, there is the potential for a stone to pop out, that''s just the nature of pave. there is some difference in rings depending on if they are handmade verse cast but either way a stone could come loose. If I were getting a pave ring, I''d prefer it to be handmade but there are gals here with cast pave rings that haven''t had any trouble. I think it''s best for someone who wants a pave ring to consider their lifestyle and be aware that any pave ring shouldn''t be beat around to much..

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2007 11:41:31 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 1/22/2007 11:12:45 AM
Author: starryeyed

starryeyed, no matter who makes the setting, there is the potential for a stone to pop out, that''s just the nature of pave. there is some difference in rings depending on if they are handmade verse cast but either way a stone could come loose. If I were getting a pave ring, I''d prefer it to be handmade but there are gals here with cast pave rings that haven''t had any trouble. I think it''s best for someone who wants a pave ring to consider their lifestyle and be aware that any pave ring shouldn''t be beat around to much..
I believe the ring I am considering will be more of a dress up/elegant ring...and not so much everyday. However, my wife can wear it whenever she wants. :)

She doesn''t seem to be too rough on her hands either...and more delicate in nature, so I don''t think it will be a huge problem.

As long as the manufacturer of the pave is quality, and they take pride in their work...it is just luck of the draw in my opinion. I do wonder about custom jewelers policys regarding melee repair.

-G

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
moosejaw, some custom jewelers will replace lost melee free of charge for life, others charge a small fee. It can vary jeweler to jeweler. however, the tiny stones are very inexpensive and i think it costs around $20 to have one replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results