shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your U-V, W-X, and Y-Z diamonds!

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
I am currently looking at purchasing a 1.74 carat radiant cut that is a W-X. It is presently set in an awesome mounting, but it has a cup. I am thinking about having the cup removed, but I am unsure what diamonds generally look like in this spectrum. With that being said, I will say that I love very light yellow diamonds and I am so pale that diamonds with any kind of warmth seem to look warmer next to my skin. Here is an image of the ring (of course, the center stone looks a lot more yellow since it is in a yellow gold cup). I can't wait to see all the yummy stones out there in Price Scope land! 8)

CDR00083.jpg

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I admit I just copied this from the "Show Me Your Fancy Colored Diamonds" thread. But here is my lovely Y-Z radiant I got from DBL. It's 93 points and SI1 in clarity. Set 14K white and yellow gold.

clgwliunder1ringsize3.jpg

clgwliunder1ringsize2.jpg

clgwlisi12.jpg

clgwliundercarat3.jpg

clgwliundercarat6.jpg

Amethyste has a beautiful W-X pear that was set in a cup and she reset to a gorgeous 3 stone ring. Here's the thread on it show-me-the-ring/lemony-s-re-set-from-halo-to-3-stone-t142105.html

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
catwalk82 said:
I am currently looking at purchasing a 1.74 carat radiant cut that is a W-X. It is presently set in an awesome mounting, but it has a cup. I am thinking about having the cup removed, but I am unsure what diamonds generally look like in this spectrum. With that being said, I will say that I love very light yellow diamonds and I am so pale that diamonds with any kind of warmth seem to look warmer next to my skin. Here is an image of the ring (of course, the center stone looks a lot more yellow since it is in a yellow gold cup). I can't wait to see all the yummy stones out there in Price Scope land! 8)

I can't wait to see them as well :appl: :appl: :appl:

clgwli said:
I admit I just copied this from the "Show Me Your Fancy Colored Diamonds" thread. But here is my lovely Y-Z radiant I got from DBL. It's 93 points and SI1 in clarity. Set 14K white and yellow gold.

clgwli, thank you for showing your ring. I'm currently looking for a Y-Z diamond and its great to see such a beautiful example and how the yellow gold prongs and white gold band look. Really appreciate your posting and very jealous that you already have your lovely stone.

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting your lovely Y-Z! I am really in love with the lighter yellow diamonds and yours looks excellent with your channel set band!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
catwalk82 said:
Thanks for posting your lovely Y-Z! I am really in love with the lighter yellow diamonds and yours looks excellent with your channel set band!
Thank you so much! I've had that channel set band for about 7 years now if I remember correctly as an anniversary gift. I now make sure any setting I get will look good with it lol! I admit I love the lighter yellow diamonds as well. I do absolutely appreciate deeper colors, but for me personally this is perfect! Apparently others feel that too as I get quite a lot of comments when I go out and people see it.

MAC-W said:
clgwli, thank you for showing your ring. I'm currently looking for a Y-Z diamond and its great to see such a beautiful example and how the yellow gold prongs and white gold band look. Really appreciate your posting and very jealous that you already have your lovely stone.
I admit I love showing it off, what can I say? ;-) Seriously though, I really like the look of the two tone gold as well. I think it is the best of everything in one ring. I admit I waited a long time for a stone like this and it was soooo worth my wait!

I really do think that you will love a stone in this range. I really think somewhere between W-X and FLY is my absolute sweet spot for yellows (though I really like other levels too) I would love to see whatever you get.

Maisie said:
Diamonds by Lauren :))
That's where mine came from. Mine wasn't even listed when I inquired about stones in this range. Whatever I saw just didn't grab me but when David sent me pics of this one I knew it was it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results