shape
carat
color
clarity

should I worry about this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
After endless months of searching, I found the setting of my dreams. It is a very unusual east-west marquise setting and I found it in an heirloom piece at Bailey Banks and Biddle. Bailey's was able to contact the original manufacturer of the ring and they agreed to create the setting for me. I am not sure who the manufacturer is that B B & B is sending it out to but I plan on calling later today to find out. However, I just found out that the store I found the piece at is going out of business after Christmas of this year. I am in love with the piece and I just found the most perfect marquise yesterday so I am getting ready to have the setting made. I'm just concerned that I will have no one to take the ring back to for any problems. The ring has pave on it so if a diamond or two were ever to fall out, do you think it would be fine to take it to another reputable place that I trusted? Or should the original jeweler always work on it? Also, it is by no means a cheap setting (cost is $8,000) so I really am worried about someone else doing a shoddy job if a pave stone ever falls out (though I have read they are cheap and easy to replace). After the setting is completed, I plan to have it checked out to make sure it is well-constructed and secure. The setting should be completed around the end of Nov. so I should have about a month before they officially close down. I guess I was just thinking that engagement rings are often worn for many years and I am sure there are instances where the original jeweler is no longer in business. In addition, antique pieces are often restored by different jewelers. Maybe I am worrying for no reason. I cannot pass on this setting; it is breathtaking.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh....I wish I could see a pic of the setting....it sounds wonderful.

I''m not quite sure I understand...is it the manufacturer of the ring who''s going out of business? Or the store you''re buying it from?

I''m certainly no expert, but it seems to me if you find a really qualified talented benchman, he''d be able to take care of any future problems...regardless of where the the ring was made. Of course if the original manufacturer is still around, you could always send it back to them...

It sounds VERY exciting!

widget

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Bailey Banks and Biddle is going out of business, at least the one I am dealing with.

sluke

Shiny_Rock
I want to say I heard that Bailey Banks and Biddle are owned by Zales...or some similar maul jewelry chain store.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are but I bet you could find a local jeweler who could take care of any problems, or be sure you get this manufacturer''s name and contact for problems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results