shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I take the lower price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Strawberry Tomatoes

Rough_Rock
Hi there..
I come down to 2 choices stones. They are all have HCA score <2 (1.4-1.7) and GIA Triple X/G/VS2

They are:
1. 1.27 GIA/$8800-MED BLUE Fluorescence
2. 1.27 GIA/$8900 - Negligible Fluorescence

With this $100 difference:
1. Is it worth it to pay more to get the negligible fluorescence one?
2. The vendor said it will fluoresce under UV light/night club, how strong will it be? how likely would it be?
3. Knowing the stone color, will it make hazy and milky?
4. Do you think the price difference because one is negligible & one has medium fluorescence?
5. What is your experience with stone with med blue fluorescence? It seems little scary. Will it make hard to resell it?
Thank you.
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would look at an ideal-scope or ASET image then decide.
So far its a tie.
Med blue is not an issue.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 2:08:40 AM
Author: strmrdr
So far its a tie.
Ditto - I also wanted to add as you mention about selling the diamond in the future, any diamond can be extremely hard to resell and you often only recoup 30 - 50% of the price you paid, so if you think you may want to get another diamond in future, buy from a vendor who has a solid upgrade policy and read the terms carefully/

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 6:41:20 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 10/16/2008 2:08:40 AM

Author: strmrdr

So far its a tie.

Ditto - I also wanted to add as you mention about selling the diamond in the future, any diamond can be extremely hard to resell and you often only recoup 30 - 50% of the price you paid, so if you think you may want to get another diamond in future, buy from a vendor who has a solid upgrade policy and read the terms carefully/

Tritto.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''ll be fine...but as Lorelei mentioned you''ll never recoup your $ if you sell. Diamonds are not an investment despite the marketing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results