shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I re-set my bezel studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alloamie

Shiny_Rock
I have these bezel earrings that I never wear b/c I''m not a big fan of the setting.
I LOVE the WF bezel martini and am considering re-setting in this style.

I''m guessing the stud diamonds are around .5-.7 tcw.
My mom had them made for me as a wedding gift along with the bezel pendant shown. They are from a 5-stone ring my grandmother passed down to her. She''s saving the last two stones to make into earrings when my lil sis gets married.

I spoke with two local jewelers today, one said that I should just keep the setting I have since the stones are small and you won''t be able to see a difference when the earrings are worn. The second quoted me a very reasonable price.

Soo I''d love to hear what you all think - should I go through with the re-make, or just keep as is since there is some sentimental value in what my mom had made for me?

bezelstudbarrel.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, the jeweler is right in the sense that when they are on your ears you won't notice much of a difference between this bezel setting and the bezel martini setting, so I'd probably just leave them...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would keep them too the way they are; they are beautiful.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Earring aren''t any good unless they get worn. What you make you want to wear them? Check out some of the earrings at WF for ideas. Maybe a halo to make them larger or maybe prong set? Even the WF bezel set ones are nice. They aren''t as deep as your current settings.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I think I would want to keep them as they are for sentimental reasons. What don''t you like about them? I think they are really pretty
35.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock

I would keep them for the sentiment. If you are not sure if you want to change, you should wait until you are positive what change you want if any.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results