shape
carat
color
clarity

Should i keep these diamond studs?

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
Got these diamond studs for my birthday. they're from costco and not the typical reputable PS vendor.
I searched around a few reputable vendors and can't find anything like this at the costco price.
How do they look? Should i keep them?

The costco article of description says:
14kt white gold, 0.46cts or grater
vs-2 clarity or better
I color or better

20141116_210316.jpg

20141116_210428.jpg

20141116_210433.jpg

20141116_210447.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have an Idealscope or an ASETscope? That will help you determine what their light return / cut properties are :)

Are they certificated?

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
OoohShiny|1416313850|3785670 said:
Do you have an Idealscope or an ASETscope? That will help you determine what their light return / cut properties are :)

Are they certificated?
They're not. it only came with an article of description from a GIA gemologist.
i dont have access to any of the tools mentioned.
i think i'm leaning towards returning them.

20141118_093055.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have looked at some costco diamonds and the accompanying "certificates".! Above a certain size, and some will be GIA certs. Others below have something similar to what you have. I honestly don't think the prices are "a bargain" given what you are getting assuming that you want beautiful sparkly diamonds close to PS quality, speaking generally. I wouldn't keep them. That is just me. I would rather work closely with one if the common PS vendors and look for something beautiful within your budget. I would have more confidence buying WF non-certified stones than buying Costco non-certified.

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1416322608|3785743 said:
I have looked at some costco diamonds and the accompanying "certificates".! Above a certain size, and some will be GIA certs. Others below have something similar to what you have. I honestly don't think the prices are "a bargain" given what you are getting assuming that you want beautiful sparkly diamonds close to PS quality, speaking generally. I wouldn't keep them. That is just me. I would rather work closely with one if the common PS vendors and look for something beautiful within your budget. I would have more confidence buying WF non-certified stones than buying Costco non-certified.
thanks! for the same price i can get a pair of 0.50tcw white flash earrings with similar color (H/I) but lower clarity (SI).
at this size, i dont think it matters that much.
thanks for the help guys

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take the WF over those.

motherof3inct

Rough_Rock
I would take the Whiteflash studs over Costco. Even though the Costco ones have a higher clarity, the Whiteflash diamonds would probably be better cut for more sparkle. A few years ago, I purchased 3 stone huggies from Costco, but returned them for 5 stone huggies from IDJ. The IDJ diamonds had so much more life to them. You can find better pricing and better cut diamonds elsewhere.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
You get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy studs at costco. You came to the right place and if you are patient we will find you studs within your budget that will sparkle from here to eternity.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results