shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I exchange my G-colored Pear Shaped diamond for F?

thediamondshopper

Rough_Rock
Trade
Re: Should I exchange my G-colored Pear Shaped diamond for F

The advice to go with an ASET image is a very very good suggestion, an ASET image will show you the light performance of a diamond in color. for example positive contrast will show up as blue, positive light return red, less light green, and light leakage white. Basically if the ASET image shows alot of white it is not optimal. Im sure there are better descriptions on the net if you google ASET.
At the end of the day looking at them side by side is the best as no test or grade matters more than what you like! please post a pic if you can when you have them both in hand.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a pear and a round (old cut) and although the pear is a higher color than the round, due to the light reflection it appears darker, as the round has more light reflection. IMO the whiteness you are seeing is probably due to faceting differences rather than material color.

cloudkicker3030

Rough_Rock

wakingdreams53|1383255007|3548360 said:
Looking forward to the outcome!! We looked at so many pears before finding the perfect one, we based it on our eyes, not numbers -- that's the thing. You'll be staring at the STONE, not some sheet of paper, so definitely trust your eyes between the two. Comparing it to the Round Brilliant EGL E is definitely not apples to apples :))

oh geeze ive been looking at pears for like 4 months now it's ridiculous how hard it is to find the "perfect" pear shaped diamond.. but i guess that goes for any shape huh? -.- will definitely come back to let you guys know which one i pick since you guys have been such tremendous help.. i'll post pictures too and also the end result.

thediamondshopper|1383258661|3548383 said:
The advice to go with an ASET image is a very very good suggestion, an ASET image will show you the light performance of a diamond in color. for example positive contrast will show up as blue, positive light return red, less light green, and light leakage white. Basically if the ASET image shows alot of white it is not optimal. Im sure there are better descriptions on the net if you google ASET.
At the end of the day looking at them side by side is the best as no test or grade matters more than what you like! please post a pic if you can when you have them both in hand.

ah ya.. JA definitely offered that just waited till last minute to decide... (our napa valley trip where i want to propose was a spontaneous thing and i also spontaneously decided this is when i want to do it!). and i promise to come back and take a picture of both

distracts|1383266724|3548444 said:
I have a pear and a round (old cut) and although the pear is a higher color than the round, due to the light reflection it appears darker, as the round has more light reflection. IMO the whiteness you are seeing is probably due to faceting differences rather than material color.

ya after much research and from your guys posts it really seems like that's the case..... i hope i really love this new one that i ordered!

cloudkicker3030

Rough_Rock

I never came back here to show the pictures like i promised.. I ended up going with the diamond you guys picked out for me and I wanted to at least come here and show you guys the end result.

just wanted to thank everyone again here in making this once in a lifetime decision for me.. was so damn helpful. happy holidays everyone

ring_106.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

wow, it looks huge! congrats, very pretty.

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock

Congratulations!!

The ring is absolutely beautiful. I am sure that your fiancee is thrilled with it, and I agree that it looks huge on her hand. Beautiful choice on the setting, also. Very delicate & timeless. I'm glad it all worked out for you, and it sure looks like you ended up with one incredibly nice ring, and at a good price to boot.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful.. I only like halos on Pears.. dunno why.. yours is stunning.. many happy years for you and your fiancee! love your ring.. very classy. and blingy too! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results