shape
carat
color
clarity

should i buy this?? help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stevenloiuisc

Rough_Rock
can anyone advise me on this. 2.00 ct round brilliant diamond depth 60.9 table 67 slightly thick to very thick. cutlet very small polish good symmetry good clarity grade si2 color f fluorescence none there is a small laser drill hole. 12,000$

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would stay away from anything laser drilled, clarity enhanced, etc.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Do a search on laser drilling to get more background info. Hopefully others will also post on this thread. You are just opening a can of worms by going this route. Yes, from what I understand (although I haven''t given too much time to it as I would never consider the purchase of one) is that it can affect the durability of the stone. There are also issues involved in terms of having the stone set or prongs tightened, etc. down the road by other jewelers than the one selliing it to you because it is a liability. Also, I have no idea what the ramifications are with insuring the stone, and you would want to insure a 2 carat stone.

Also, this discussion is really a moot point other than to tell you to stay away from this when looking at other stones as while the depth on this particular one is fine, the table of 67% is WAAAAAAAY too large and the stone will be a big dud. While you might think you are getting a bargain or something, you are just throwing out $12k on junk. The absolute LARGEST you want to go on a table for a round stone is 60%.

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
I concur. If you have $12K to spend get something nice and NOT ENHANCED.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That is a GREAT performer!
OR... how about going a little smaller and getting a little "whiter" color???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results