shape
carat
color
clarity

She didn''t like the ring. Would you be offended? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cdogstu99

Rough_Rock
Some of you probably remember my original post here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-didnt-like-the-ring-would-you-be-offended.114561/

But since it got closed down, i just wanted to give everyone an update.

After a few days of alone time and processing everything, we finally sat down together last nite and had a heart to heart about the whole matter. She is actually very happy with the Mark Morrell setting and loves it. She actually loves the diamond too, but it's just that pesky little inclusion which is driving her mad. She admits that she may have been a little too upfront on the matter, but she was just letting me know how she felt (yeah she may be a little too honest sometimes). She is NOT demanding Tiffany and would like to just exchange for another stone. I think she does want to get the same size (or bigger) and get a cleaner diamond, but she has offered even to split the cost with me. We got a great email from Jonathan offering his help on the matter and we actually sat down last nite and watched some of his videos and educational pieces on the website. It was almost like i was taking diamond lessons all over again, but with her by my side. So, it appears that there will likely be a happy end to this story. We are still trying to decide which one to go for. But, in this whole process i have definitely learned some things. Guys, please please please please find out exactly what it is that you significant other wants for a ring. And i would definitely recommend not getting any diamonds with noticeable inclusions (especially if she's asian
1.gif
. I thank you all for your inputs on the matter; i actually think that all of your replies may have seriously helped us in reconciling and realizing that we were both somewhat wrong in the whole matter. So, i graciously owe all the folks on pricescope a big hearty "Thank You"; this forum is worth such a great deal for anyone who is seeking information on diamonds. I will try to keep everyone updated on what we decide to go with.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look forward to seeing the piece once you''ve decided on a new stone. It''s great that you were able to discuss what would make both of you happy and that she''s agreed to help with some of the cost!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I'm so glad things are going better. Just remember to ask Jon exactly what diameter will fit in the setting. You won't be able to go a whole lot bigger, as the ring was custom made for this stone.
28.gif

And please come back and show us the ring!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
That''s excellent news!! Congratulations on opening the lines of communication!!
Great to hear you`re both on the same page. Can''t wait to see the final e-ring!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Healthy relationship = communication, communication + communication.

You guys did good in the end.

Can''t wait to see what you both choose.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
yay!! I''m so happy for you cdog and future Mrs. cdog...hopefully this will end up being a fun process that brings you closer together
36.gif

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad you came back to update. Congratulations to both of you on your engagement and working through the initial bump in the road.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey cdog,

I''m here for ya''ll each step of the way. If there is anything I can publish for you or her that will better help your understanding on any particular topic/subject let me know.

Kind regards,

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the update! I''m so glad she likes the setting you chose... and I hope you''ll be back with PICTURES once the ring is done!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwwwww I love a happy ending! Well done to you cdog and the future Mrs cdog!

I''m positive that you''ll soon be the owners of a stunning ring that Mrs cdog will be flashing proudly!

Please post photos of the finished ring won''t you?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you guys had a heart to heart. You are in great hands with GOG and I know Jon will be able to find you a replacement stone that will make you both very happy. Please do come back with pictures once it''s all settled.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad it''s working out for you two. Please keep us informed on your purchase. Good luck
35.gif
35.gif

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow I am glad you settled it. After almost 30 years of marriage I can tell you there is definitely alot of give and take, communicating and compromising. You
just got initiated by fire. Now, you''ll just have to try to remember the lesson!
1.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Phew, glad to hear things are going in the right direction and that you are both now on the same page!

So, now you''ll get a chance to do the whole thing again, after all a bad dress rehearsal = great performance...

(I ended up with 3 proposals - the original (and BEST), another with the placeholder ring my DH gave me as I was taking soooooo long to do the real ring and the last with the actual ring!)
31.gif

Best of luck for a very happy future!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wonderful news! I''m delighted to hear that you''re dealing with this openly and like equals. In the long run, I think this will make you stronger as a couple. I hope you find a magnificent stone that suits you both!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m so glad you guys are working things out well. I can''t wait to see the final result.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
So glad you guys were able to settle things! Good luck with your new diamond search!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
That''s great news! I am so glad that you two sat down and had a talk. Isn''t it so much more fun when you do it together? Splitting the cost also helps - you did your part the first time around and now she can help out to get exactly what she wants. It''s a win win.

Jon is exellent and you are in great hands.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
are you looking at VVS stones ?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delighted to hear that you''ve had a talk and that you''re getting something that will make both of you happy! Come back with pics when you get it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yah! I''m so happy to hear this news! Now get out there and find the perfect stone for the two of you!
(and be happy!)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a story with a happy ending. I can''t wait to see the finished ring.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2009 1:35:41 PM
Author:cdogstu99
Some of you probably remember my original post here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/she-didnt-like-the-ring-would-you-be-offended.114561/

But since it got closed down, i just wanted to give everyone an update.

After a few days of alone time and processing everything, we finally sat down together last nite and had a heart to heart about the whole matter. She is actually very happy with the Mark Morrell setting and loves it. She actually loves the diamond too, but it''s just that pesky little inclusion which is driving her mad. She admits that she may have been a little too upfront on the matter, but she was just letting me know how she felt (yeah she may be a little too honest sometimes). She is NOT demanding Tiffany and would like to just exchange for another stone. I think she does want to get the same size (or bigger) and get a cleaner diamond, but she has offered even to split the cost with me. We got a great email from Jonathan offering his help on the matter and we actually sat down last nite and watched some of his videos and educational pieces on the website. It was almost like i was taking diamond lessons all over again, but with her by my side. So, it appears that there will likely be a happy end to this story. We are still trying to decide which one to go for. But, in this whole process i have definitely learned some things. Guys, please please please please find out exactly what it is that you significant other wants for a ring. And i would definitely recommend not getting any diamonds with noticeable inclusions (especially if she''s asian
1.gif
. I thank you all for your inputs on the matter; i actually think that all of your replies may have seriously helped us in reconciling and realizing that we were both somewhat wrong in the whole matter. So, i graciously owe all the folks on pricescope a big hearty ''Thank You''; this forum is worth such a great deal for anyone who is seeking information on diamonds. I will try to keep everyone updated on what we decide to go with.
36.gif
Yay!!! I am so happy for you!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
She should not worry about the size, you always can upgrade later.
I love happy ends!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results