shape
carat
color
clarity

Shallow OEC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
What do u guys think of an OEC tt''s got a 61% depth and 56.3% table? Will it be weird?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the only picture tt i''ve got. I''m really new to OECs, but it looks pretty cool in the pic, so i''m considering.

66oec.jpg

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/23/2007 6:20:08 AM
Author:gladyskristen
What do u guys think of an OEC tt''s got a 61% depth and 56.3% table? Will it be weird?
Why weird? the numbers are fine..., the inclusions are a bit too visible in my opinion...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not strange at all. It isn't too shallow; in fact the numbers and close up picture reminds me more of a transition cut. I think the inclusion may not look too bad in person, sizewise. My concern is that the inclusion is black, therefore may be noticeable to the naked eye. Do double check with the vendor for eye-cleaness (and do be specific about what you consider eye-clean as this may be different from the vendor's definition).

My OEC (even though my cert calls it a transition cut stone) has these stats:
Depth 63%
Table 54.3%
These numbers aren't too far off from yours. The crown height is 18.3%

Don't forget to ask the vendor for side views as well. Part of the charm of OECs is the really tall crown height which gives back tons of fire to the eye.

Here's a picture of my OEC/transition cut. It sure looks similiar to yours in terms of facet patterning.
Thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-opinion-on-ideal-scope-picture.41599/

DI40X_EGLUS30522801D.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that might be the hugest diamond pic that clear I''ve ever seen!!!! I love it!!!! You can see its imperfections (which I wouldn''t worry about considering this is like 1000000x bigger than normal LOL but they''re so charming at this magnification, like you can lean over and say, hey, how are ya? Nice to meet ya! hehehe

That said ::giggle:: I wouldn''t run in fear from a 61% depth... I''d want to see it with my eyes before I decided.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
i think it's gorgeous and i have terrific luck with that vendor. note girdle abrasions. it's old...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cut on the stone looks very nice, but I think those inclusions like others have said might bother you. Black inclusions are a little more yucky in my opinion than white ones.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2007 6:20:08 AM
Author:gladyskristen
The proportions look fine. This diamond should have a good visual presentation. I don''t think you''ll be able to see those inclusions with the naked eye, either. What is it graded? SI1?

I like it.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Yup Richard, u were spot-on abt the clarity. It's a SI1, I colour, 0.66 carat, with a spread of 5.51-5.62mm. It's actually an Ebay diamond tt i'm looking at. This seller was recommended by a PScoper.

The girdle looks slightly knocked up to me in the extremely blown up pic. Is this a concern in regards to light return/structural integrity?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2007 3:35:21 PM
Author: gladyskristen
The girdle looks slightly knocked up to me in the extremely blown up pic. Is this a concern in regards to light return/structural integrity?
No concern in regards to light return.

OEC''s usually have thin to extremely thin girdles though. That''s why they often get nicked up a bit over the decades. You could have the nicks (and any future ones) polished out, but it''s usually not worth the bother from a visual point of view. Only if you were interested in re-selling the stone at some point (eliminating any potential objections from interested buyers).

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice! BTW, what do u think is a reasonable price for this 1? And how much more/less colour does an OEC show as compared to a RB?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, it's still in bidding. Will go to the highest bidder. I plan to just hang ard and see what happens rather than bid right now. I'm also a little wary cos the item is located in USA and i'm in Singapore.

BTW, I asked the seller regarding the crown angle but he said tt he's unable to tell me.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no! The seller suddenly ended the auction, saying tt the item is no longer for sale!
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results