shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

njdiamondlooker

Rough_Rock
This will be my last posting...I''m sure you all are just about exhausted helping me. When it comes to a setting is there much quality difference in who you buy it from? What I''m looking for has a side baguette and a round baguette. Are these mostly the same quality from everyone? With a .9 or 1 carat diamond would you suggest a four or six prong setting and why? I am going to go with 14k white gold, does that seem good, and if not why would you choose platinum instead?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2005 11:12:38 PM
Author:njdiamondlooker

With a .9 or 1 carat diamond would you suggest a four or six prong setting and why? I am going to go with 14k white gold, does that seem good, and if not why would you choose platinum instead?

Both of those Q''s above can be answered by searching the archives...there are alot of previous threads with data that should be helpful on both 4 vs 6 prong and white gold vs platinum.

Good luck.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
You will not receive the same quality of sidestones from different vendors.
That''s a tough call. I''m sure the vendor you get the stone from could make a setting for you.

As for the prongs, Mara has noted that there is much debate on PS about the choice of 4 or 6.
It''s a matter of personal taste.

Here is one

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Is this the type of setting you have in mind?
This is .60 ctw in platinum for $1700

head717.140x140.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here is a slightly different version

53471_t.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
This one is from Blue Nile in yellow gold for $1400.
Maybe they can make it in white gold for you.

DM15301300_zoom.jpg

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I thought baguettes are usually NOT round, LOL. ;-)

ebay stores I've dealt with and been quite happy with the quality for low price (settings, not solitaires):
Oxford Diamond
FinestGem
Shenoa (yeah, you read that right!)

There's a baguette & round WG ring just like what sevens one posted and variations of it at ebay JewelBreeze Bands (crownbands). They will make 14k, 18k, or platinum.

If you can spare the time to order/examine/return and the ebay seller has a return policy, I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to buy the look for less.

I'd go with 6 prongs, usually. But I also like the Stuller Octet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results