shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting width for size 4.25 ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoobInNeed

Rough_Rock
My gf has a size 4.25 ring. I had finalized WF''s Sleek Line Pave as the setting, but after finding out how small her finger is, I''m wondering if the 2.5mm width will look too big. Will it?

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.5mm is fine, the sleek line tapers, so the 2.5mm is the thickest part, on the palm side of the hand. Also ring size has no correlation to finger length which I think is the more important thing to know regarding ring width.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
^ ^ about finger length. I have small hands with short fingers. If I wear, say, a 6mm wide band, and especially if it''s also a thick band, it constantly hits my pinky finger dead center on the joint. That causes quite a bit of pain. I had to give up on wearing my first wedding set and change to thinner and narrower shanks.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 2.5mm is a safe width. That is pretty thin my friend, and also with the taper it will indeed appear even thinner!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long are her fingers? If she has longer fingers, it''ll be easier for her to pull off a thicker band. Also, be sure to take into account the width of her wedding band.
2.gif

NoobInNeed

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure how long her fingers are. They''re pretty small compared to mine, but I''m 13" taller than her. :razz:

It sounds like a 2.5mm width should be OK. I was looking at some pave settings previously that were 1.5mm and just wanted to make sure the sleek pave would still be OK. Thanks!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 4.25 ring size and personally feel my 2mm is perfect, anything from 1.8-2.3mm max. But then again its what I feel comfortable with. You can have them make the sleek line with a max width of 2.2mm that sounds perfect. Good luck!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really all about personal preference. 2.5mm is still quite narrow (and it does also taper).

Some women like "wider" bands, others like "narrower" bands. Around the forums there seems to be a fondness for quite narrow bands, but in "real life" I note most women wear wider bands - I think 3mm is fairly average. I have a larger ring size than your girlfriend (5.25) but quite short fingers (not a lot of space between palm and knuckle), and prefer bands in the 2.5mm-3mm range. I like my two bands together to total no more than 5-6mm, but I like them to be greater than 4mm. They feel more substantial and "band like". 1.5mm-2mm is just too narrow for me. My original wedding ring has some 1.5mm portions on it, and I find them too thin.

Depends a lot on the design of the ring too, the size of the centre stone, as well as the type of metal being used, etc.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
2.5 is really on the narrow side for bands, so I wouldn''t worry.

joxxxelyn

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think so. I have a small hand and things up to 3 or 3.5mm are fine. 4mm would be pushing it. Of course, this is all up to personal taste. Some women with small hands may enjoy more width. But just in terms of the aesthetics of proportionality, I think you''ll be fine at 2.5mm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results