shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting search help...

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
So I have been wearing my estate platinum e-ring (anniversary upgrade) for a couple of months and now realize, I have developed an allergy to platinum. I get a rash that turns into a scaly, dry patch and it's very annoying. It doesn't clear up by using lotions or anything on it. It is not from cleaning solutions/soaps, etc., as my other rings have never caused this and it clears up when I wear my white gold rings for a few days, but gets scaly again when I wear my e-ring.

I am not overly attached to the setting, but want to keep the diamond (a 1.5 ct. marquise), but I'm on a tight budget, as the e-ring isn't paid for entirely yet. :oops:

My 'brilliant' idea (said sarcastically) was to order an inexpensive gold setting to wear for at least a few years, until I wanted to upgrade again, or could keep if I liked it well enough. I had ordered a white gold split shank halo RHR from LOGR's a few years ago and was fairly pleased with the quality, etc. and that ring has held up nicely (my friend ended up buying it from me and she wears it every day and it still looks great).

So I felt confident ordering the 'same' setting again, but custom made for my new diamond and ordered it in rose gold. I got the setting today and while it is pretty and has the over all look I love, I was shocked to see a thinner, hollowed out version of what was a fairly decent setting previously. I just don't feel comfortable setting my diamond into this setting...I would be scared it would not hold up well.

I know, you get what you pay for, but I need something decent and pretty on a budget, so I can enjoy my new anniversary diamond. :blackeye:

I really do not want a solitaire...I am really loving rose gold at the moment...and lean toward antique styles, with milgraine etc. And do not care for E/W settings, which are very popular for marquise at the moment. I am not against a vintage setting, if I could find something 'previously loved' that is fine too.

My meager budget is about $600.00. :roll:

If anyone has any suggestions, I would SO appreciate them!

Thanks in advance.

goodgal

Rough_Rock
Looked at your prior pic of the ring..gorgeous! May I ask what the measurements are? I like how it looks wider than most!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,

Thank you for the compliment. I really do love the diamond... I love the setting too, but I love all kinds of styles, so yeah, finding a keeper is a challenge.

The diamonds measurements are: 11.41 x 5.90 x 3.75

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I would see first if getting your original platinum setting plated in rhodium fixes your issue. Most white gold jewelry is rhodium plated. You will have to get it replated every few months, but it will give you more time to find a new setting, or save up money for one. Also, it might allow you to wear the setting as an occasional right-hand-ring.

marchesa6989

Shiny_Rock
how about this one? http://www.pompeii3.com/p-2383-20ct-pave-diamond-heirloom-ring-14k-rose-gold.aspx
i almost went with them before i got offered a discount elsewhere, but i found their service to be great and the sales people on the phone to be very helpful. you can also choose to upgrade the stones. what i suggest is, if you like it (or for any other mount really) you can ask the vendor to change the head to one that fits your stone or get a local jeweler to find a new head.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for those links marchesa!

I do like the looks of the second one, quite a bit. I think it might look good in a marquise shape too. I may check into that one further...but want to check their return policies too, if they have a US return address if needed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results