shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

piepiezzz

Rough_Rock
Ques #1

My diamond is currently getting an appraisal and cert from Dave and Chris @ AGA. My question is this, would it be better to have them set it during appraisal or should I just have them send me the ring and find a local trustworthy jeweler to set it?

Ques #2

Has anyone seen or have the settings from uniondiamond.com? I am speaking of the 14k white gold 6-prong "tiffany style" and the catherdral style settings. Are they bright and vibrant and how do they compare to an 18k or platinum. I am just looking for a bear minimum setting because I want my sweetheart to pick out her own once we decide on wedding bands. I still want this setting to shine however, especially with a G, Ideal cut, H&A diamond inside of it.

Please lend me your thoughts and expertise..

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Talk to Dave about it.

If it's a simple setting job and there is not a significant liablity issue, they may be able to save you some shipping money and some time by having set by a jeweler in his area. This skips the step of him sending it back to you to get set and then you returning it to him to complete the appraisal.

Neil Beaty, GG ISA
Independent Appraisals in Denver

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Where did you end up buying the diamond from? I know this is not in line with your thread, but I am just curious.

piepiezzz

Rough_Rock
Well it is dependent upon the cert and appraisal info I should be getting this afternoon, but I ended up buying from USACERT and Tony has been a big help to me. He couldn't get SArin info though but everything else was 1A. I'm just stressing about the angles. The seller told him it was a H&A but we'll see.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I hope the appraisal turns out to be as expected (or better). I love that you are looking for a temporary setting so your girl can pick the one she loves later on.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results