shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting question for ring maker, bench person, jewelers

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a platinum setting for a diamond that I no longer have. It held a 7.6mm diamond. I need to know the diameter range that would be likely to fit this setting, please. Thanks in advance!

_14991.jpg

_14992.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely 7.4-7.8mm. Possibly 7.2-8mm, but I wouldn't count on it.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chances are pretty good that they're going to have to replace the prongs anyway because the seats have been cut to fit a different stone. That's a straightforward enough job but it means that you are going to have quite a bit of flex room, especially if you're going up instead of down. If they replace the seating ring, or even the entire head, the sky's the limit. :bigsmile:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS,

Not a jeweller, but I have just messed with a couple of rings and their prongs..... if you want it to sit down lower 7.30/7.40. I think 7.50 would be perfect and easier to find in the bottom measurement and if you replace the prongs and are O.K with it sitting up a bit higher at around 8.00 at the top end unless you want it sitting up much higher and you get bigger longer prongs, then you could have it over 8.00.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome!!! Thank you all for your help! :appl:

The head is already low, so it would still work great for a slightly larger stone since it has room to be set a little higher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results