shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting from Gold to Platimum?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girls-best-friend

Shiny_Rock
I just recently found a very nice pink sapphire ring to wear on my right hand at a pawn shop. The only thing is the setting is yellow gold and I don''t like yellow gold. I prefer white or platinum.

So is it possible to have the stone removed and then have the setting dipped in platinum then have the stone reset in the setting?

I don''t see the point in spending money on having a new setting made if this process is possible. I won''t be wearing the ring everyday.

Thanks
wavey.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You could have the ring Rhodium Plated for maybe $30 with no need to remove the stone.

This plating will wear off - you will probably see the yellow on the back of the band after a few weeks every day wear. But the parts of the ring that show may stay white for 50 to 200 days.

If this is to be an occasional ring then it can be a good solution
1.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I actually did this with a yellow gold necklace recently. My eagle eyes can still see a yellow tinge, but when I wear it, it looks fine, and for the $30 they charged me it was a much better deal than the $800 everyone has quoted me for a white gold omega chain!
6.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
sounds neat cutnut! but am i the only one that thinks this sounds almost like alchemy or something?
confused.gif

at the very least it brings to mind touchstones!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results