shape
carat
color
clarity

seriously flawed?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ginalee

Rough_Rock
like people, diamonds are flawed but beautiful, but how flawed is too flawed?

i can use some help here today. my now fiance got a ring, & it's very pretty, but i wanted to stay SI1 & above. he got an SI2. it's a round cut, F, excellent cut (ex polish, vg symetry), h&a (thought i can't see it), with a twinning wisp. they have no diagram plotting out the flaws, but i can see something running around the outside of the entire stone. it's in the pavillion portion, and i can't see it from the top down, but the 4-prong setting is very open and it's easily seen at a side view. the jeweler said they only sell eye-clean stones, but maybe they mean from the top down?
1.) does the fact that i can see it all the way around mean it goes all the way through, and if so, could it break?
2.) is it worth it to go back and exchange it for a lesser color to get a better clarity or to add in a bit of money for an improved stone?

the ring is still beautiful, and sparkles like crazy in the sun, but my biggest fear is that the stone will actually crack. i really felt positive about the jeweler, and want to believe that they've sold us a quality product. they offer a buy back policy whever you wish to upgrade, so if it's not going to break i can always upgrade it down the road. i hope one of you can help me out!

thanks in advance!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
What you are seeing is not your inclusion likely, but the girdle reflection. ALL round diamonds look like that from the side.

I''ll try and find some pictures for you!

ginalee

Rough_Rock
thank you! i am so relieved! i hadn''t noticed it on the stones we had looked at previously, so without the handy diagram, i thought it was the inclusion. thank you so much. now i can enjoy my ring without worrying that if i bump my hand i''ll ruin it!

and i feel silly now..

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2008 7:41:54 PM
Author: ginalee
thank you! i am so relieved! i hadn''t noticed it on the stones we had looked at previously, so without the handy diagram, i thought it was the inclusion. thank you so much. now i can enjoy my ring without worrying that if i bump my hand i''ll ruin it!

and i feel silly now..

No worries! Trust me, it has been asked by many many people before you. It''s a pretty common freak out when you notice it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results