shape
carat
color
clarity

seeking advice on diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scapel

Rough_Rock
I've finally come to decision on a particular stone and have benefited greatly from all the experts here. Would appreciate comment on whether my choice is a right choice.

1.17, G color
GIA certified
6.82-6.84 X 4.17 Measurements
43.1% - depth
55% - table
34.2 crown angle -megascope meaurement
14.7%crown heigh - megascope meaurement
40.8'
43.1%
medium faceted girdle
cutlet - none
flouresence - faint
Ideal, Hearts and arrows,
price $8200

one thing that puzzled me is that the sarin report, brilliance scope and the GIA all seem to vary a little in the proportion. Is this normal?

cons/pros comments would be appreciated
loopy.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Looks great... But what's the clarity?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Am I missing something? Surely the depth % of 43.1% can not be correct.
confused.gif

clueless1

Rough_Rock
personally, I would choose a diamond with clarity SI1. The cost of your diamond would go down $2000. Of course, that's just a matter of personal choice.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I assumed depth was 61.1% and 43.1 was a misplaced pavilion depth %.
1.gif

scapel

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for their comments. Giangi, you're right..it's 61.1% Depth and 43.1% pavilion depth.
The clarity is VS1..I prefer to stay within the VS1 to VS2 range.
Do you really think it might be worth looking at S1? I'm just nervous about that especially since it will be an online purchase.

Thanks
wink2.gif

scapel

Rough_Rock
I also forgot to ask the experts your opinion on the "G" color and the faint flouresence. My girlfriend was dead set on colorless but after we saw a couple of "G", it was hard to tell that it wasn't especially without the white background.

Also, the GIA cert is a couple years old..I've heard that this may not be goodd...any input on that?

Thanks!!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I think you can get this diamond for a tad less money - BUT - What service is the vendor supplying? Also, what does the 8200.00 include? Is this a PS vendor - many offer a special pricescope price. Will you be having an independent appraiser evaluate the stone? You are paying quite a bit of your hard earned money.

As mentioned, you are paying for high clarity, which is graded under a 10x loupe. In a stone this size a VS2 should be very eye clean. Many SI1's are eye clean as well; and, as mentioned, a better value.

But, if you don't mind paying the extra money for your piece of mind then it's your call. In the end, one should speak to you.

scapel

Rough_Rock
Fire&Ice, thanks for your input. Can anyone tell me how to best search for prices? When I did the comparison search, the anything close to this (ideal, H&A) was way more..something in the high 8's. What's the best way to know you are getting a good deal?

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results