shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for Pave solitaire setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TRex78

Rough_Rock
Now that I''ve found the stone, I am on the prowl for the perfect setting. I''m thinking of a really thin (2mm) pave all-around setting. I really like the Vatche pave solitaires in this style, but they are a little expensive. I''d like to do some bargain shopping as best as possible. For all your jewelry nuts out there, let me know what ya think.

I have only posted a couple times, but I''ve been doing a lot of prowling on the boards. This place is great and chalked full of knowledge. You guys are awesome!
Todd

PS..this setting is to fit a square/cushion shaped diamond. I''m sure those that have seen me on the board know which "Square" I am talking about.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to see your Rock! The link didn't work.

There has been alot of discussion lately on pave solitaires, they must be the thing. We got ours about 1.5 years ago so we must have been ahead of the curve...hehee.

We had ours custom made after not finding anything out there that we adored worth the price.

I fell in love with Michael B's pave settings, they run around $2400 or more/less depending on venue for around .50ctw of pave stones eternity style. There are different band widths but they are all pretty thin, 1.5mm-2mm about. There are a few pix of people with these bands in Show me the Ring forum here on Pscope.

Also someone just recently posted their 1.7c solitaire on a pave solitaire Ritani ring which looks fabulous (see pix in SMTR). It sounds as though it is not actually eternity in the common sense but carries a tiny piece on the bottom that is not encrusted, which may actually be better since then you could resize the ring easily whereas with an eternity, it will be possible, but is harder and most likely more costly because each stone has to be removed and replaced. Not sure on cost too much but I would estimate around $1500-2k maybe. The gal who just posted her ring could possibly tell you in private message.

Check out the Precision Set wedding set (they have a website), they have an eternity style one that is beautiful, it's not pave but it's prong set melee on a solitaire so it has the pave look but it's sturdier (my requirement, mine is prong set and I can bang it around alot more!), they have a matching wedding band as well. I think these run around $2k in platinum.

The branded sets I have found run more $$ than if you had them built by hand. Something to consider, custom is a fun way to mix and mingle parts to create your own thing.

Lastly, A Jaffe has a non-eternity pave set but from the top it looks like eternity, where the hand closes, it stops basically. And it's cheaper so if your budget is tight...the rings run something like $1200 each in platinum for about .20ctw of melee on each ring, there are 3 possible ones, one e-ring and 2 w-rings but you can always only buy one w-ring. They are very thin, about 2mm or slightly less. I tried them on and adored them but alas they came out a year after we got our setting!

Anyway, there are some options, good luck and let us know what you find!

JHeebner

Rough_Rock
Go for the Michael B. "Trois" collection, flat on three sides and pave. Stunning. Range of widths.
But, an ordinary pave band is a simple order, so if you don't want to pay for a brand name (though in B.'s case, the look is equisite, no commodityn& worth it, that's for sure!), you could just go to your local jeweler, tell him/her exactly what you want, and whatever non-branded (small name) bridal makers they have accounts with could whip one up (in the metal of your choosing, and set the DIA) for a reasonable sum.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There must be some matching pieces somewhere on my HD... but until something close turn out, I bet the one below would not mind carying a diamond. I know it can be made for any shape of center stone too
1.gif

fil.JPG

TRex78

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/28/2004 10:35:40 AM breediamonds wrote:

Similar to this?----------------

yes, but without the diamonds that wrap the center stone. I'm looking at a nice solitaire setting with pave on the band.

ep6585

Brilliant_Rock
I think Vatche also makes one where the pave only covers the top half of the ring. It would probably have the look you want and be less expensive than the full pave band.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a new Ritani. Ever thought of going custom? You can get exactly what you want and it's not necessarily more expensive.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bree I love that last one. Prong set eternity right? Very nice! Who makes it....is there a website? What size is that center stone? I smell an upgrade! :D

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I can partially answer for bree, I believe.

That ring was done by Brad and Jan at DBOF if I recall correctly. I remember being stunned by it on DT. I think the center stone is something like 4 carats.

bree?

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/28/2004 9:24:06 PM Patty wrote:

Mara, I can partially answer for bree, I believe.

That ring was done by Brad and Jan at DBOF if I recall correctly. I remember being stunned by it on DT. I think the center stone is something like 4 carats.

bree?----------------

Pretty setting aside, I think the 4ctw stone is a big part of why it's so breathtaking! Mara -- Greg would say you need a few years before that upgrade is my guess!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lop you have absolutely NO faith in me or my wheedling skills!
2.gif

no...you are right. I would need at least a *few* years before I could get that! I'm still working on a 1.75c upgrade.

that setting is breathtaking! mmmmm...yummy. Do you know if there are more views of it??

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I've been looking for the same kind of setting for my future e-ring. Since price is a huge issue, (BF is a poor med student, and I'd rather spend more $$ on the stone) I found a set where the pave doesn't go all the way around.

For some reason I can't upload the pictures...
http://www.gottlieb-sons.com
item #25316

I found it at solomonbrothers.com and for a platinum set, they can sell it for $1800 (ering + wedding ring). The band is 2-2-5mm and each diamond is prong set (I was looking specifically for one like this, so the diamonds don't fall out as easily).

Hope this helps!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I love this gottlieb web page. LOVE the spinner. Too bad they can't add in a finger with that spinner for the full effect.
2.gif
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results