shape
carat
color
clarity

Searching for 8 main Cushion

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a couple more;
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.30-carat-e-color-vs2-clarity-sku-287343 if eyeclean
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.74-carat-e-color-si1-clarity-sku-353622 Lots of potential if eyeclean

AND LOOK AT THIS:
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.65-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-sku-288643 :love: :love: 8 main. I color, looks likely to be eyeclean. Really lovely high crown. AND TOTALLY UNDER BUDGET! Just not sure how it will ASET out. Still, worth finding out.

THIS is a prize. If you can get over the J color.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.52-carat-j-color-vvs2-clarity-sku-317640 small table, nice crown, the facet pattern you wanted and perfect shape. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Personally? I think it's just freaking gorgeous. If you can get over the J color, it is a serious contender. If you can't... I'd show Jonathan at GOG this one and ask for a custom cut H or better version of it. Because I think this is exactly what you want, except for the J color.

I'd get on the phone and put these on hold ASAP.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! Done~ Awaiting for their reply now.

Is J going to face up white in Cushion?

I go have J and K in rounds for earrings and it's still acceptable.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the stone. One of my girlfriends has a J cushion and it is VERY white, hers is a modern 8 main. I've seen a some others, with antique faceting at I-J colors that do how body color.

I can't comment on how this stone will show or not show. But hopefully the gemologist can.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
I am waiting for JA to revert with more information. Thanks so much for pointing me the right direction.. Will share the information once I have them. :appl:

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Hi all.. What do you think about a Cushion with 1:1.1 ratio?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buldor|1408493462|3735849 said:
Hi all.. What do you think about a Cushion with 1:1.1 ratio?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Ratios are personal choice. But I certainly don't care very much about ratios. It's actually probably last on my list of things I even think about with cushions. It's hard enough to find a nice stone, with certain color/clarity and performance. I don't see how adding an additional requirement helps anything.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
I am wondering if it will look "rectangular" and if it will look nice in a halo setting :think:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slightly rectangular. And it will look great in a halo.

cushion-cut-diamonds.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also helpful.

cushion-cut-diamonds-image1-300x113.gif

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info.. I saw the chart when doing my research but aren't able to visualize it in a halo setting. We might have some 1-2 more options (apart from those recommended). I will try to revert with more information once I have it. :appl:

Fingers crossed. :love:

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Both said to be eye clean

_21609.jpg

_21610.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The J is fantastic, as expected. But the I color is very strong, especially for that facet pattern, the edges are bright and there is very little leakage under the table. And it looks like it will have very even performance throughout the stone.

Honestly, I don't think there is a wrong choice. If you were in the US, I'd tell you to get both in person and pick the one you like best.

But you aren't... so what did the gemologist say?

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Here's the exact words:

The gemologist has provided us with some great feedback; they've determined that diamond 288643 is exceptionally bright and lively, and performs the best of the two. It has a very attractive, pillow-like cushion shape and faceting pattern that the gemologist especially loves. Additionally, it's eye clean and has a nice "I" color.

Diamond 317640 is very bright and lively as well, ranking a close second diamond 288643 for light performance. It's eye clean, has a true "J" color, and a slightly more rounded cushion shape.

Overall, the gemologist favors diamond 288643 the most. It's slightly brighter than the other, and the gemologist prefers its shape a little more. However, if you prefer the slightly more rounded shape of diamond 317640, it's an excellent option as well. Since both diamonds are great options, you can base your decision on your preference for the diamond shape. I believe you'll be very pleased with either of them and that the feedback from the gemologist will point you in the right direction.

:think: :think: :think:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are my thoughts. The performance is the same in person between the two and you are buying long distance so an I color is safer. And the shape is very nice and it has a more square table shape than the J (which I think is good since you are setting it in a halo, the stone will look like a cushion not a round) ...and it's the exact facet pattern you want. So... win, win, win.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/1.65-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-sku-288643

7.13x 6.92 is a great size for a cushion. I will look fantastic. And it has a higher crown (if you compare the profiles of the two) than the J.

So I think overall, I agree with the gemologist and would recommend to you to get the I as well.

And it saves you a ton of money! So... overall, it's a win/win/win.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Any idea how long can JA holds the stone for? ERD is looking to provide me two cushions on Tuesday. Should I wait for a comparison?

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
I can't seen to find the info on crown height... Possible to teach me where should I look at please?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think JA will hold it for you, and I don't want you to lose it. Buy it, and ask them to hold off shipping till midweek. That way you can cancel/return it before it ships if ERD finds you something better.

As for crown height.

When you see the stone could around wait till gets to the profile. The crown height is the height as measured from the girdle to the table. If you compare the two stones you will see that the crown height on both stones is very nice (you want height crown heights with these facet patterns) but the I has a higher crown. That usually means more fiery performance. Which many people like.

anatomy_crown_height.gif

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the enlightenment.

The J will seem like a "round" when put into a Halo?

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Buldor,
I like the 1.65 I color cushion and I think it will look stunning in the setting you are having made.

I have been looking at cushions for about 4 weeks now and that aset on the 1.65 I diamond is perfect and what I would pick.

Good Luck!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring will be squared off and cushion shaped. What I was saying was that when your get a table reflection with the J the table is very close to round. The table reflection on the I will be square. And that will emphasize the squareness of the ring as a whole.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/pave-and-side-stones/the-anita-halo-platinum-5950p This is what a round in a cushion halo looks like. Even the J with it's more rounded table will look more square than this. But the I will look squarer than the J.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all..

Oh, now i understand. Erm, this is something that never cross my mind. I will opt for the "I" while waiting. Will update once again when I have more information.
Thanks so much for the views.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gypsy, are we allow to private message? I have some qns to ask but it's not right to post it here :silenced:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's tough.

Do you have the lab reports for them? Get those please and post them.

The E looks like it has the same faceting as the J from JA. The H looks like it has the same faceting as the I from JA. No ASET is a problem. That means you can't compare head to head. And both of these have higher color, which for me is a factor. The H is more square and the E is more rounded. The crowns are lovely and high on both of them.

What are the prices on them?

This is tough. Did ERD say WHY they can't get you an ASET? I know they have one.

Also did they say which one they like better?

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
I think their machine is down if I am not wrong. I had wrote to them for the reports and also their view on each diamonds.
Yes, I can't make a decision as there's no ASETS to make comparison. I really need help in making decision.

The H is about 10,900 and E 15,600. I am asking if there's PSers advantage price.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would take either of the ERD stones over the two JA stones. Nothing against the vendors, just prefer the combo of cut and higher color.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
let's look at the lab reports. I too like the higher color. And... might even be pursuaded to spring for the E as it is in budget. I'd like to check the spread, table size and girdles of them first. So... once you have the lab report numbers, please post.

Also you can buy one of them, (which do you favor?), and have them not send it till they can get you an ASET. That way if there is an issue an you want to return, you can do that with ease.

Buldor

Shiny_Rock
1.50 H VS1 72.4 (depth) 54 (table size) 1.1 (ratio)
1.52 HVS1 70.9 (depth) 65 (table size) 1.03(ratio)
1.61 E VS2 66 (depth) 57 (table size) 1.0 (ratio)

The above 3 cushions were offered to me to choose which to call in for review. Based on the table size, we took in the 1.5 H and 1.61 E.
That's the two we saw in the video.

I am waiting for the reports and will post soon.

Did I miss out anything for not taking in the 1.52 H for comparison too? I was very tempted to as the ratio is nice but was restricted to the numbers I can call in for review.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have dimensions. I would have made the same choices you did. I prefer smaller tables. And both look really lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results