shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for Firey Ideal Cuts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
If I''m looking for a round brilliant of approximately 7mm, what parameters should I enter into Pricescope''s search engine in order to find FIC stones?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
The easiest way I've found is to run a search by cut quality for the range of carat weight/color/clarity that I'm interested in, then sort the results by crown angle. FICs have crown angles >35.5 degrees, with corresponding pavilion angles that are fairly shallow (don't remember the exact # - 40.3? 40.5? something like that).

That said, they're pretty rare, so the search might take you a while. Good luck!
1.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! I'll give it a go!

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for this question and the answer Q, I honestsly was just yesterday playing with numbers on the HCA and trying to make it give me and FIC cut. Now I know what to look for. Whoo hoo!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Set the table size to smaller sizes and that might help too.

Or wait till the new AGS and GIA systems come out - then cutters will be rewarded for cutting them - at present the market discounts them so cutters avoid the proportions - even though many know they look good.

Silly world!

purduephotog

Rough_Rock
The stone I purchased from WF is a FIC. The outdated link is

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=GIA-13013719

I'll break out the photography gear (I had it mounted the same day I accepted it) and get some shots... but currently I'm storing it at the jewelers so I don't break down and ask before my plan is complete....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/23/2004 3:48:25 PM Garry H (Cut Nut) wrote:

Set the table size to smaller sizes and that might help too.

Or wait till the new AGS and GIA systems come out - then cutters will be rewarded for cutting them - at present the market discounts them so cutters avoid the proportions - even though many know they look good.

Silly world!----------------

Cut Nut
how about a sample of an nice FIC (specs) ?
can you easily tell them apart from a TIC ?
do they really set your finger on fire ?
isn't smart to look for now before the new ags cut grade come out ?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Would any of you experienced "Diamondeers" post some examples of firey ideals including pictures and measurements?

Not that I'm asking too much of you, but my car needs its oil changed too.
wink2.gif

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
I totally agree... someone post pics and tell us how to identify these bad boys from the get go.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry no pics, but...

a) if you do a search here for FIC, there are some good numbers to look at for sample diamonds. Also,

b) here's stats on mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results