shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire and diamond band

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

It's been a long time since I have been looking to buy a sparklie, but now I am in a situation where I might be able to spoil myself.

My Dad recently passed away and has left me a little bit of money. Mum would like to see me buy something just for me with it. Before my Dad died, he had brain damage and lost touch with reality a bit. He was off with the fairies and saying some very strange things but he spent nearly two days telling me over and over again that it must be blue. Steph, it has to be blue, he would say. We have no idea what he was talking about and I am probably clutching at straws but when I found out about the money, the first thing I thought of was the blue sapphire and diamond band I had wanted for ages.

So I guess I am looking for a sapphire and diamond band I think. Something small and dainty. I really like this:

http://www.tiffany.com.au/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP00479&mcat=148204&cid=287466&search_params=p+1-n+10000-c+287466-s+2-r+160323353-t+-ni+1-x+-lr+0-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+0+3&search=0&origin=browse&searchkeyword=&selectedsku=17107003#p+1-n+10000-c+287466-s+2-r+160323353-t+-ni+1-x+-pu+-f+false+2-lr+0-hr+-ri+-mi+-pp+0+3

But I can't really see me spending that kind of money on myself.

I used Whiteflash for my wedding and e-rings, but I can't find anything on their site. Can anyone suggest somewhere? It's been ages since I was in the market and not sure where to buy from these days?

White gold is fine I think. I usually wear y-gold but I am not sure how it will look with the sapphires?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Steph

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry to hear about your Father.

What size is your finger? Would you be open to an Estate piece?

cheers--Sharon

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for those links texaskj, they are really helpful! Looks like I will be able to get what I want I would say.

canuk-gal, thankyou, I am open to the idea if I can find what I want, can you suggest somewhere to look for estate pieces?

ETA, I am not sure about the size, it will be a RHR. My 5.5 w-band is too small, so I would say 5.75 or 6?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
honey22|1386982546|3573934 said:
Thanks for those links texaskj, they are really helpful! Looks like I will be able to get what I want I would say.

canuk-gal, thankyou, I am open to the idea if I can find what I want, can you suggest somewhere to look for estate pieces?

HI:

For starters....

http://www.oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Sapphire_Diamond_Band_Ring_5717.aspx

If you look on the antique jewellery forum, there is a thread "stuck" to the top listing dozens of vendors who sell antique, estate and reproduction jewellery. But if you want one comprehensive site that lists many of those single vendors, you can go to First Dibs.

cheers--Sharon

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

SB621

Ideal_Rock
IDJ Jewelry does dozens of styles with sapphire bands. Just contact them. They can have it made in WG or PLAT with different ctw of diamonds and blue sapphires. I have been very happy with them and their quality.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree w SB - check out IDJ and if you don't see something on their website, just give them a call and talk to Luann or Yekutiel or Tami - they can find what you are looking for.

Alternatively, would this style interest you? http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/sapphire-and-diamond-bezel-18k-white-gold-5434w18

I'm sorry to learn of your dad's passing. Maybe he WAS sending you a message - treat yourself to a sapphire of some sort and enjoy the wonderful memories of your father, that you will always hold close to your heart....

honey22

Ideal_Rock
PS must have ate my post from yesterday?!

Anyhoo, I was just saying a huge thankyou to you all for your great suggestions. I am on a mission now :)

That ebay one is perfect but they don't ship to Australia :(

I will post back when I decide!

Thanks again!
Steph

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you ask the seller if they will ship to you? Sometimes they will agree if you say you will be responsible for duties etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results