shape
carat
color
clarity

Sad my diamond doesn't sparkle

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! How nice that you now have a diamond that does what a diamond is supposed to do!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous and so happy for your happy resolution. Enjoy in health and happiness!

sparkle_zo

Shiny_Rock
I've followed up your story! So happy for you!

Ninadc

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the support. Greatly appreciate. Unfortunately it is not completely a happy ending...

Although I finally got the diamond that sparkles, the band/setting is flawed. Bottom line I still do not have the perfect ring I am 100% happy with.

The first time the jeweller set it, the band was not even and they made a new band for the new diamond, I asked the shop to have it up a size.

When I got the ring it was still too small so they took it back to get re-size the second time.

I finally got the ring after three business days (the one you see here) but the setting believe it or not is back to being uneven.

Out of frustration, for both my end and the sales girl she said that it is obvious her jeweller cannot deliver to my expectation and standard therefore they are happy to refund the money for the band seeing that I am happy with the diamond and I can choose another jeweller to set it.

I told them that I wasn't asking for much, the setting, as you all can see is a simple flat band that tapers. I just wanted it even. I didn't think it was rocket science or too much to ask.

After waiting for so long, I just want to enjoy my engagement ring even if it's flawed because the diamond I'm happy with. So I am okay to settle with an imperfect ring for now but any advice on a good jeweller in Sydney which will do a setting and mount a diamond would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you all. Again.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They sound like a very ordinary jeweller to me. I am glad you got to swap the old diamond for a much nicer stone. MissKitty is in Sydney & recommends people, I believe one of them was Dana Ball, hopefully she will see this and make some suggestions....

Another idea might be purchasing a setting from someone like Brian Gavin and getting a good jeweller in Sydney to set the stone for you.

Ninadc

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1416698648|3788691 said:
They sound like a very ordinary jeweller to me. I am glad you got to swap the old diamond for a much nicer stone. MissKitty is in Sydney & recommends people, I believe one of them was Dana Ball, hopefully she will see this and make some suggestions....

Another idea might be purchasing a setting from someone like Brian Gavin and getting a good jeweller in Sydney to set the stone for you.

Thank you for your advice.

I looked at getting a new band and realised it will cost more money to get a new band and choose another jeweller to mount the diamond. We will have to fork out extra, again, which we're not really wanting to do. It already cost us a few more $$$ to get this diamond and now this too.

I got in touch with Jewellery Association Australia (JAA) whose advised me I can get a refund on the whole ring and this could be the best way.

It will mean that I give up this diamond and get a whole new ring which is upsetting because I've grown attached to this diamond and I love it...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results