shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Cuts vs. Princess Price Difference

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamonddig

Rough_Rock
Is there a reason why there is such an astronomical price difference between a round and princess of the relativley the same color, clarity and carat weight?

1.34 F VVS1 round on blue nile is 16,043

1.33 G VVS1 princess on blue nile is 10,783

I know that F & G constitutes a fairly significant price difference but not 5000 bucks.
I know the quality of cut comes into play also. Both are ideal cut according to blue nile.

Is a round diamond harder to cut? Are its optics really that much better?

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is indeed a big price difference between rounds and princess-cuts (all fancy shapes for that matter). What bluenile calls ideal here in a princess, would be comparable to good in a round however. Since june 2005, there are Ideal-standards for princess-cuts, and a big part of the market still has to adapt to that reality. What bluenile calls ideal here, is far from it.

If you compare lab-graded ideals (AGS compared to AGS), you will find that rounds are about 10 to 15% more expensive than princess-cuts.

Live long,

diamonddig

Rough_Rock
Thanks Paul,

I should expect to pay a premium also for square hearts and arrows, jubilees and regents due to the difference in light performance in comparison to a princess?

I am looking for a square cut but I am looking for maximum light performance. So far this has lead me to the hsarts and arrows. I just don''t want to pay for a name or fad just performance.

Clayton

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results