shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Brilliant Good stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thebadseed

Rough_Rock
Hi, Im new to this diamond thing and Ive been looking for a short while.. I have a stone in mind that looks very nice to me.. I wanted to spend under 7,000. I know it is not just good to just go by the Gia report. Is this a very nice diamond for a H-vs2? Could I do better? How would this be rated in terms or very good-poor?
This is what im looking at:
1.25 round brilliant
h
vs2
table-60
depth-58.8
measures-7.04x7.07x4.15
no cutlet
no floresence
girdle-thin-med faceted
polish-excellent
sym-very good
GIA certified
$6300

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
Not a good sign when table is larger than depth, plus a table of 60 is kind of at the high end. Can you give us crown and pavilion angles? Is it possible you got those numbers backward? Looks like your jeweler is of the "60/60 are the best proportions" school of thought.

thebadseed

Rough_Rock
Those were the right specs. And I think you are right about the 60/60 thing. He mentioned that. Sorry I dont have any other dimensions..Any suggestions?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
is it eye clean? that would be my first question.
Second would be to get the angles.
third would be to view it in different lighting and let the eyes decide.

Mikesgirl

Shiny_Rock
I'd do a search on pricescope above, and just look for H&A stones in your size and color and clarity desires - leave measurements as they come up when you check H&A. You'll see a bunch of stones and get a sense of good parameters for ideal cut stones, as well as a good price range. If you read the tutorials on this site and elsewhere (goodoldgold has a good one, as does superbcert) you'll begin to understand what makes a great cut, and ultimately a great looking diamond.

And come on back and ask all the questions you want. We love newbies and love to help people find that perfect stone (whatever that means to you).

magna2

Shiny_Rock
The diamond could very well be an exceptional diamond - unfortunately there is not enough information to determine one way or the other. How well a diamond looks depends on the relationship between crown and pavillion angles. Recommend that you get those information from the jeweler for you to better assess.

As for the price, it is about average for a 1.25 ct H/VS2 - maybe a tad bit high for on-line prices but about right for a B&M.

rodent.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results