shape
carat
color
clarity

Rolex appraisal Los Angeles

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I know this is a little off topic for this forum but I'm hoping someone can help. I need to get my 10 year old Rolex appraised in LA. I am looking for an independent appraiser in the area who can do it while I wait for it. I went to the Rolex store and they said they only appraise brand new watches which just seems ridiculous and they won't offer referrals for appraisers for legal reasons. Can anyone recommend a trusted watch appraiser who can help???

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Do you want an appraisal for insurance purposes or just someone to authenticate it? We had a Rolex authenticated by Rolex in Toronto but didn't ask for an appraisal.

There are some great appraisers in LA. Patrick Davis does watch appraisals : http://jewelryappraiser.net/

He's in the Culver City - I plan to use him for my next appraiser but haven't yet. PSers give him rave reviews.

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Yes the appraisal is for insurance purposes. Thanks very much for the rec! I will check him out.
I think I found him on yelp but couldn't tell if he only appraised gemstones or if he appraises watches too.
Thanks!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what model is Rolex?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovingwarmdiamonds|1354511223|3321089 said:
If you are asking about what model I have it is the lady datejust with a diamond dial.
is it a Tu-tone 18KT/SS with diamond dial ? how old is the watch?

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
I unfortunately don't know any appraiser in your area but wanted to congratulate you on your watch, it's a gorgeous combination with the diamond dial :love:

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Insurance replacement valuation on Rolex is usually pretty easy. The definition of value for insurance is what you would expect it to cost to replace it with another of like kind and quality NEW and in the usual and customary market, which means from an authorized Rolex dealer. That's published. The tricky part is in authenticating both the watch and the various addon's, like the diamond bezel. Aftermarket parts are priced very differently than genuine Rolex parts. Patrick is certainly well qualified to do both tasks and I'm happy to recommend him but, frankly, I'm a little surprised that this is proving to be a difficult search and that the store that supplied it isn't prepared to do it. After you get it done, go back to the store and give THEM the referral to whoever you end up choosing. It sounds like it would be a benefit to them, to future clients and to the appraiser. Sounds like a win/win/win/win sort of situation.

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the congrats Frenchcut! I do love it - and even 10 years later it still looks almost new!

Denver Appraiser - Thanks for the input. Also, just to be clear my watch does not have any aftermarket add-ons. The entire watch as is was purchased from an authorized dealer. I have the diamond dial (i.e., where the numbers would have been there are diamonds (step cut perhaps?). I have the 18K white gold fluted bezel (no diamonds on the bezel). I will definitely look into Patrick.

Re: the value - this is exactly why I need to get it appraised again asap. I went to the store recently and while looking at some new models, discovered that the cost to replace my exact watch now is almost double what I paid for it 10 year ago (talk about rising prices and inflation!).

Re: the Rolex store not giving referrals I can actually understand why from a legal perspective. As such a large wealthy corporation, I think they are probably trying to avoid opening themselves up to liability or the possibility of it looking like they are endorsing someone's services.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the cost to REPLACE your watch has doubled, then that's what you need to insure it for.

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Yes, I know! That's why I'm here seeking info on a qualified appraiser in the area. It can't be insured on my policy without an updated appraisal.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
I used Patrick Davis for my Rolex for insurance purposes and he was fantastic. I HIGHLY recommend him. He will do everything while you wait and you will watch everything he does (you sit in his office with him). He fully includes you in the process which is great. He also appraised my e-ring. Give him a call - you will be happy you did! http://certifiedjewelryappraiser.com/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results