shape
carat
color
clarity

Robert Frost be damned...vendors beware web site blinking lights...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Just fyi, the company I work for puts out a research service professionals use a lot, and 36 hours ago they put on a rotating, colored promotion for a new service we were offering. Within 10 seconds of seeing it, I told the people I report to this would be a bad idea....but I'm down the totem pole in my office. Any number of customer calls later...the rotating a la MSN, colorful, still relatively small box at the top left has been removed.

As Robert Frost says, you never know how many sales we will have lost by having made this decision. Fortunately, our marketing department, at this point at least, is not looking back.

Apologies if this should be in Rocky Talky. I know we have one primary vendor here with a practice like this. Maybe this can be a word to the wise for anyone considering it.

Regards,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thats why I surf with firefox with everything turned off.
unless they use a blink tag i never see it.
No java and no flash and min permissions on javascript :}
ahhh makes the web a much better place.

same goes for email. html shut off and inline images only.
Iv sent more than 1 email back to the sender telling them I couldnt read it using telnet so they were going to have to resend in non-html without the garbage.
hehehehehe

no I dont use telnet as my primary mail client but do use it to get mail when im on the road.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use Mac Mail for email and usually unless it''s inline images they won''t load. I will get things as attachments more than anything.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have diffrent seciruty set ups and sometimes I can not see things others can...but it worth it to have no pop ups ever.
9.gif

Habo

Rough_Rock
I also have flash, along with most other garbage disabled. Most of it seems to be used for nothing but showering me with ads, which I refuse to even glance at. If a site doesn''t work without flash, then I will find a competitor''s site that does. So far I haven''t had a problem finding one that can put up a webpage without relying on flash.

Flash ads and popups are simply always a bad idea with me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results