shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Wraps on Solitaire with Pave Shank?

susiecee

Rough_Rock
I just got my engagement ring see pics here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...aire-setting-by-eternity-by-yoni-pics.213386/

I am now looking into ring wraps for the ring for occasions when I want the diamond to look bigger. I had found some wraps that would create a halo kind of shape to add the effect I'm going for, but I was curious to know what people's thoughts are with my engagement ring.

I guess I am a bit worried that the wrap would mess up the basket of my ring which is relatively delicate and has some melees on them. Do you think it would rub and wear down the sides of the engagement ring?

For the band width of the wrap, I wanted it to be pave (1.75 or thinner) and if I had it just as a plain band with the halo, I would want it to be 1.5mm (so that it's less visible and doens't look too odd)

Below are the wrap examples and also a photo of the side of my ring

ring_wrap1.jpgring_wrap2.jpg
img_4885.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
First, I think that your engagement ring is plenty gorgeous as is. I would not put a halo wrap on it because it is so pretty on its own. Second, I would worry about any potential stress the halo may create since you do have some beautiful diamond work all around your band. Third, if you are considering wanting another look, I would instead invest in a totally different ring that you could wear possibly on your right hand or if you wished in replace of your engagement ring. Off the top of my head, I would suggest looking at 3-stone rings, five-stone rings, halo with a different center stone, e.g. sapphire or ruby. These are just initial ideas. Or don't buy anything for now and instead save for an upgrade on your stone someday.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is stunning, just as it is.

But, to answer your question, I would not advise you to use either of those wraps with your ring, for the reason you stated: they will compromise the pave on the shank, and possibly on the underside of the head, as well. Frankly, I don't understand exactly how those wraps work. How would you get that over your stone, then when it is in place, won't it move around the more narrow base of the head? (Thus, creating more opportunity for damage.)

Enjoy your beautiful ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, no wraps. I don't think those would work, anyway. Your ring is beautiful! Enjoy it as it is!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results