shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring sizing after traumatic experience!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone

Well yesterday I had a bad day! I finally got my new Tacori wedding set in and they were supposed to be ordered in my usuall size but very very tight. My jeweler said he double checked and said they were both 5.25. Well the w-band was so tight that i couldn;t put the e-ring on with it, and then the w-band got stuck! I am typing this with a raw, bruised, swollen ringfinger and I had to have the banc cut off in the ER. You can imagine how upset I am! A brand new Tacori.
39.gif

I talked to my jeweler who is so awesome and he told Tacori what happened. They will be able to add 1/2 size if needed to the e-ring without recasting it (its a full eternity band) but wil have to look at my w-band to see if it can be salvaged. I am thinking it will have to be recast and I will be out more money
38.gif

ANyway, here is my question. Once I get my finger back to its normal size and healed, I am getting resized.

The bands are both 4mm wide by 2mm thick. When they are worn together, does this make them act like one thick band where I should get sized with the "thicker" ring sizer? I will probably go to a local Tacori dealer and try on my set anyway. I am so freaked out this will happen again. I think a half size up should be fiune.

Does a thicker wider band like these usually fit tighter?

also, ius there a standard about how much ring size changes with weight gain or loss? kindof like 10 lbs=1 dress size???

thanks!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2004 87:53 AM
Author:glaucomflecken

The bands are both 4mm wide by 2mm thick. When they are worn together, does this make them act like one thick band where I should get sized with the ''thicker'' ring sizer? Does a thicker wider band like these usually fit tighter?

also, ius there a standard about how much ring size changes with weight gain or loss? kindof like 10 lbs=1 dress size???

thanks!
As far as I can tell... yes, wide rings need to be slightly larger (hence those different wide sizers). But with two rings worn side by side, one is made a hair larger (a quarter or half size...) so it fits on top of the other ring. If each ring is thin and they are made larger, they''d just spin around. You may want to ask your jeweler to try two pairs of thin sizers (your ring size and the next size on top, for example).

No idea about what happens with ring sizes and weight though. It may well be different for one person to the next!

Can they make the Tacori rings so that they can be sized ? Even with the blank space on the bottom, the pierced bands seem unable to take repeated or extensive sizing. Hope I am wrong, but it''s worse asking, I would think.
7.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sizing is not normally that difficult but some of the Tacori designs can add a few complications. Your jeweler should have not difficulty. In extreme cases, Tacori can do it.

The size to choose will vary a bit from person to person. The problem is that, unlike the tool used to measure rings, your finger isn''t cylindrical and so as the ring or set of rings, gets wider, it will sit differently on your hand. This is the reason that jewelers have sizing rings of different widths and the reason that it helps to have a jewler do the measuring instead of the litle plastic rings where you do it yourself. It really helps to have done it a few dozen times before with differing fingers and few customers have that opportunity. Ask your jeweler for advise and then go with it.

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2004 8
6.gif
7:53 AM
Author:glaucomflecken
Hi everyone

thanks!

I don''t think there is a standard. It will affect some people and won''t others. It is like weight gain. Some people gain weight everywhere but their "chest area". The "chest area" remains small even though everything else becomes "large"...so it is the same with fingers.

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! What a terrible thing to happen!!! The hospital? Oh no.

I hope your finger heals quickly.

I also wear a 5.25, and was worried with my Tacori that it would be to tight. Tacori uses the "5" and "5+" measurements instead of the ".25, .5" things... I''ve seen a sizing chart before but I am not sure off hand what the tranlation is.

Maybe they got you a straight 5 instead of a 5+?

Poor mangelled Tacori ring...maybe they can of couse salvage the diamonds?

My tacori''s are the same size. They fit fine on my finger and spin less than my plain knife edge solitare. As for finger size - my finger changes DAILY - sometimes swollen (if I''m hot or exercising) to very loose - when I''m cold or coming in from outside. When my fingers are swollen it is very hard to get them off - but I can do one at a time.

I just lost 5 lbs so it''s a little looser than normal - of couse weight gain will affect the rings... Maybe get the diamonds only 3/4 the way around (tacori does do this) so that you have sizing room... just in case.

Gosh - what a terrible ordeal...
face11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results