shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring/Setting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vancouvernewbie

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

I''m looking to set an ediamond and I have found the setting and band I like. I''ll attach a picture but can anyone tell me if there are pros or cons to the setting (like is it secure?) and if it can be done in conjunction with the band she likes...I just like the setting more because it shows more of the diamond than the prongs that come over the corners. Does anyone know what this setting is called?

Secondly, if there is anyone here that has this setting, can you let me know if it gets caught often because of the corners or are the tips rounded enough so that this doesn''t happen? The reason I ask is that my gf is in gloves all day and it would not be practical if they were tearing all the time. Also, can it be done with a low-rise so the diamond doesn''t stick out too much?

Thanks for the help!

This is the setting:

p22.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
researcher has her princess set in the second setting I think. It''s lovely.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
The first picture has prongs that I believe are called "v-tip" or "chevron." I think those are more secure for a princess cut stone since the points are easily chipped.

As to your other questions, I would ask the vendor that is going to do the setting. They are in the best position to give you the correct answers.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s reseacher''s ring original thread

she had a custom wedding band made to fit and had to have a spacer band made for them to fit flush..

myrings68.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results