shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring resizing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaigun02

Rough_Rock
Hi folks,

I''m trying to make my proposal a complete surprise and, as such, run the risk of getting the wrong size ring. I''m about 95% confident I have it right, but there''s always Murphy''s Law to consider. Since I''m most likely going to order online, I''d rather not have to send the ring back and have it not on her finger while it''s resized. What could I expect to pay for a resize at a local jeweler?

-J

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Probably somewhere around $30

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Try your best to get it right the first time. Resizing carries the risk of damage to the original setting if involves a complicated design or sidestones and the local jeweler is not familiar with such.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most but not all rings designs are made to have a certain amount of flexibility in terms of sizing but it’s also worth noting that having work done by someone not authorized by the seller may void any warranty or trade-in type program that you have on the piece. Talk it over with your seller before you hire a local tradesman to work on a new piece.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

kaigun02

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the great feedback! I hadn''t though of the warranty/trade-in issue at all. She''s on the other side of the world right now, so I''m really struggling to come up with a way to know her size for sure without blowing my cover. Hope I get it right.

Just out of curiosity, is there any difference in degree of difficulty required to go up a size versus going down a size?

-J

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Something else to consider is the style of the band. If you think you''re going to need to resize, make sure the band allows for that. Eternity bands can''t be resized, for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results