shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhodium Plate?

SilverFire

Rough_Rock
So I basically can't find the answer to this anywhere. (I thought I knew everything...I guess not. Haha just kidding. I have a lot to learn.) But anyway. Can you rhodium plate palladium???? :confused: I'm allergic to nickel, we can't afford platinum (especially if I get what I want in a rock which is already pushing our budget) so the only option is palladium....but I am ever so slightly concerned about the grayness. If it bothers me I want to know if I can rhodium plate it or if it's just not safe nor good for the metal. I can't do anything about it either way really...but I just want to know.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know the answer to the question about rhodium plating palladium, but it is not your only option. There is palladium white gold that does not have nickel and it can be rhodium plated.

SilverFire

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1300071875|2871129 said:
I don't know the answer to the question about rhodium plating palladium, but it is not your only option. There is palladium white gold that does not have nickel and it can be rhodium plated.

We're getting our setting from Good Old Gold and I've asked them about palladium white gold before and they seemed to indicate that they couldn't do that alloy. Maybe it was specific to the setting I was asking about at the time, but I don't know. I'm concerned over the durability of white gold and having to build it up after a while. Do you know if palladium white gold has the same issues as regular white gold?

If anyone does know about palladium being rhodium plated I'd be happy to hear. I don't really expect people to know the answer...but figured I'd ask anyway.

Thanks diamondseeker2006 for the reply!

SilverFire

Rough_Rock
I should have an answer soon...hopefully. I emailed a jeweler who works in palladium. Hopefully he'll know. If anyone else is interested in an answer I hope to have one soon............maybe. 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results