shape
carat
color
clarity

Rhino 35!

Evert P Botha

Rough_Rock
Trade
Saw Rhino likes and comments burning up on LinkedIn earlier- congratulations on 35 years at Good Old Gold!
It feels like only yesterday that I tried cutting and polishing my first diamond some 35 years ago...

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
That's a long time in the business; congrats, Rhino! :wavey:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you sir! Yep ... Dad was a telephone man who collected coins as a hobby who found himself in the right place and time when the gold/silver/diamond market jumped dramatically in 1980 and sold a major portion of his coin collection to start what has become Good Old Gold Inc. Mom was a domestic hard working lady taking care of us kiddies (at that time was the year before I graduated High School) and am responsible for whatever gray hairs she had. :rodent: After serving my country in the US Navy I later came to work with my family full time and launched our now website back in 1998. The time has truly flew. :))

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rhino|1433266949|3884244 said:
Thank you sir! Yep ... Dad was a telephone man who collected coins as a hobby who found himself in the right place and time when the gold/silver/diamond market jumped dramatically in 1980 and sold a major portion of his coin collection to start what has become Good Old Gold Inc. Mom was a domestic hard working lady taking care of us kiddies (at that time was the year before I graduated High School) and am responsible for whatever gray hairs she had. :rodent: After serving my country in the US Navy I later came to work with my family full time and launched our now website back in 1998. The time has truly flew. :))

Thanks for your service to this great nation Rhino! And congrats on acheiving this milestone!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
What great history you have, Rhino! :angel: You and your family have achieved success through hard work and honesty. Your parents would be/ are proud, I'm sure :appl: :wavey:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
EmbeeDiamonds|1433265844|3884233 said:
Saw Rhino likes and comments burning up on LinkedIn earlier- congratulations on 35 years at Good Old Gold!
It feels like only yesterday that I tried cutting and polishing my first diamond some 35 years ago...

Evert,

Thank you for starting this thread. It appears that both you and Rhino have used your time well and it is always fun to know a little more about your contemporaries in the trade.

Rhino, you were missed at Vegas and many people were bemoaning that you were not there at the Pricescope get together. Hope you can make it next year.

Wink

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino|1433266949|3884244 said:
Congrats Jon! ...By looking at ED's thread title I thought that today is your 35th birthday! , don't you wish!??.. :tongue:

Congrats to you and your family!... :appl: I would have love to see your Dad's coin collection :dance: I stop buying coin since the coin market crashed about 15 yrs ago, but lately I bought a few nice coins here and there. Here are a few coins that I have left from the good ole days.

img_8159.jpg

_30776.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you kindly Sir Guy, pfunk & Isaku.

Isaku, here is a picture of my late dad who passed the year we launched online in 1998. Without his hard work and ingenuity GOG would not be. I have a page posted in his honor on our site in the About Us section. After he took an early retirement from the phone company he became our full time repairman. :)

Thank you too Wink. I really missed being there this year but have really been enjoying the pictures my PS friends have been posting and all the great food too. :lickout: I'm going to make every effort to be there next year come hell or high water!

Thanks DF. HAHA ... yea ... WAIT!!! I'm not 35?!?!? :Up_to_something: Actually TOMORROW I'm going to be 52! :-o And thanks for sharing those coins! My pop would have really appreciated that too.

14654992026_d988b2a5ce_c.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rhino|1433270290|3884273 said:
Thanks DF. HAHA ... yea ... WAIT!!! I'm not 35?!?!? :Up_to_something: Actually TOMORROW I'm going to be 52! :-o And thanks for sharing those coins! My pop would have really appreciated that too.
Happy Birthday Jon!.. :wavey: . You're still a young man, baby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVwi9IhIik

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday!
Live long and Prosper...the diamond world is a better place with you in it.
:appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday. Pop would be proud indeed! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary Rhino and a very happy birthday too! I have been wanting to visit you at GOG for so long now. I am not that far away so hopefully soon. Congratulations to you and your family!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on the 35 years, and happy Birthday Jon- you really favor your dad- he would be mighty proud of you for sure.

We missed you last Saturday:)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Jonathan! I am so glad I saw this thread! I rarely spend time on Rocky Talky nowadays. (I hang around in Hangout, Royal Jewels, Colored Stones, Jewelry Pieces, and Around The World.) I am delighted to have the chance to join in on congratulating you on your anniversary, however. I have known you forever and have had the inestimable pleasure of having you pick out diamonds for me.
I remember when you got the nickname "Rhino", too! ;)) When you were new, you were new!!!

It is nice to meet you, Evert. As I said, I do not post here much anymore, but I used to. Thank you for starting this thread!

Hugs, Jonathan!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

PS-You do look like your dad! You are both very handsome!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and Happy Birthday Rhino! :appl:
(I turned 52 last month; Class of '81.)

And I agree with Deb, you look like your dad.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You peeps rock. :bigsmile:

Thank you kindly telephone, sonoma, tonysgeko (wow long time man!) & texaskj! YAY class of 81! :dance:

DF ... No argument. We're only as old as we think we are. :shhh:

diamondseeker: THANK YOU! I missed seeing you this year too. :blackeye:

Jimmianne: thank you kindly ... YOU TREKKER! :sun:

tyty: thank you. I always tend to think more about my pop around this time. I appreciate you guys mentioning my fam.

missy: thank you and COME ON DOWN! We'd love to have you.

rock/David: thanks man. I have every intention on being there next year and look forward to being able to meet you.

AGBF!!! Gah... of all the people on the forums I think we're two that are among those that outdate them all (which says nothing about our age mind you folks!) :bigsmile: I'll always have a special fondness towards you and I thank you kindly for the opportunities to serve you. God willing, it'd be great if you could come to one of the PS GTG's in Vegas as it's been a great place to meet up for those of us who are regularly (or fairly regularly) on the forums. But wow ... what a history we've witnessed. All the best to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results