shape
carat
color
clarity

resizing platinum ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmdgls

Rough_Rock
i just got a ring back that was resized (smaller)... and the sides on the bottom of the band have a noticeable line where the metal was cut. the bottom of the band is also not as smooth as the rest of the band.

thoughts? is it worth complaining to the same place? or better off just to take it somewhere else to get fixed?

thanks

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard platinum is harder than gold to resize. I would take it to someone who is very experienced in working with platinum. I wonder what the experts will say??? I did have to resize my platinum ring and I do see a little bit of a difference where they made it smaller but it isn't noticeable unless I look at it very closely.

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2008 12:57:24 PM
Author:jmdgls
i just got a ring back that was resized (smaller)... and the sides on the bottom of the band have a noticeable line where the metal was cut. the bottom of the band is also not as smooth as the rest of the band.

thoughts? is it worth complaining to the same place? or better off just to take it somewhere else to get fixed?

thanks

I had my ring resized twice and the first time I noticed a line and made the jeweler aware and the second time it vanished!

It can be resized w/o any visible evidence. My husband''s band looks new after resizing and its plat. as well.

Definitely worth complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results