shape
carat
color
clarity

Resizing Platinum - How Difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ICAA

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend''s ring size is a 4.25 or a 4.5. I have a feeling it falls right in between.

I am going to get a platinum setting for her and was wondering if it is easier to size a 4.5 down to a 4.25 or size up a 4.25 to a 4.5. I know the difference is minimal but its just my perfectionist nature.

Also, any ladies out there who would like to chime in if they like their ring righter or looser?

Thanks in advance!
37.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sizing down is easier...
21.gif

Personally I think it is good if you would consider the bigger size. It is only a quarter size and take into account swelling and shrinkage depending on how your body holds water. Certain times of the month (and I''m not trying to be funny here) women tend to retain a little more water. I feel a little silly about posting this, but all things considered...
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer looser because, as Josh alludes to, women''s bodies retain water and our fingers swell according to the monthly cycle. I would rather have my ring spin than cut off my circulation. Plus, if the ring really is dangerously loose during the wintertime (cold fingers = smaller fingers), she can get an inexpensive temporary ring sizer - there are plastic loops of varying sizes that slip onto the ring, you can get more sophisticated sizers that hook onto the inside of the ring, etc. 1/4 of a ring size probably won''t make that much of a difference in the ring''s fit, so I''d go with the 4.5 if I were you. Good luck!!
1.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I like my rings loose rather than tight. I do think my new wedding set is too loose though, but other rings I have are also a bit loose.

I once saw a guy in an airport wearing a wedding band. Let me just say that he was not a thin man. My feeling was he never took the ring off after getting married...which is so sweet. But honestly, his ring was so tight I truly had no idea how his finger hadn''t fallen off yet.
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results