shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting my Engagement Ring to look bigger

babycurls841

Rough_Rock
I came across this site and although I'm not totally familiar with everything, it seems like just the place for me.

My husband and I recently celebrated our one year wedding anniversary; I did not see the proposal coming. We had casually talked about rings because a few of his friends were getting engaged/married. I sad I like something classic like a solitaire. Truth is, I never really took the time to look at engagement rings, or diamonds for that matter. I tell my husband all the time, that I never realized how much I LOVE diamonds until he proposed and I had one.

My engagement ring is 1.20ct and it was originally set in a thin rounded platinum band. When shopping for a wedding band I realized nothing sat symmetrically with my ring since my engagement ring band was rounded. In any event, I fell in love with a 2ct, three row small brilliant diamond band that I still love, but separately from my engagement ring. I was never happy with the way they looked together and wanted to change my engagement ring band to a flat one. Finally on our one year anniversary we went back to our jewelers and changed my band to a flat band where the prongs sit higher on the ring and small brilliant diamonds on the sides and it is now set in 14k white gold. I am much happier with the way it looks now; however.... I feel bad even saying it because I am truly blessed to have gotten anything at all, and I LOVE my diamond, but... I am seriously considering changing the setting of it to make it look bigger.

I'm 5'6'' and have long skinny fingers, so feel my engagement diamond pretty much gets lost in my hand and especially with my wedding band that is so thick. I've read articles and other threads where people suggest a halo, but my sister in-law has a princess cut halo diamond engagement ring and I don't want to "copy" her. Are there any other suggestions in ways I can set my original diamond to make it look bigger? Finally would you suggest changing my wedding band as well to something that better compliments?

photo.png

MrsT

Shiny_Rock
Maybe try posting this in "Rocky Talk" forum. PS members are very helpful. It might be this was in the wrong place and thus no responses.

I'm trying to do the same thing and that's how I stumbled on your post.

I'm inclined to suggest using the wedding band as a right hand ring and since your hands are tiny maybe a halo setting? Perhaps a pave split shank with halo around your diamond.

I love your wedding band. I'm in the process of taking all my old diamonds and creating a ring like your for my right hand.

Good luck.
MrsT

split_shank_setting.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results