shape
carat
color
clarity

Resetting ideas for my engagement ring diamond

OldBride

Rough_Rock
I have a beautiful 2.06 SI j excellent cut diamond engagement ring purchased from Whuteflash in 2005. My husband died last year and I stopped wearing the ring after 6 months. I would appreciate any ideas on how to "repurpose". My diamond. Thanks.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to hear about your husband. If I were you, I would have it reset into a pendant. I'm partial to bezel pendants myself, but there are so many beautiful options!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
liaerfbv|1382015615|3539414 said:
I'm sorry to hear about your husband. If I were you, I would have it reset into a pendant. I'm partial to bezel pendants myself, but there are so many beautiful options!

I was thinking the same thing! I think it would be a lovely sentiment to wear it close to your heart.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
First, let me say I am sorry for your loss. I remember your wedding photos and how happy you both were. :)

Okay, it's hard to suggest restyling without knowing your tastes in jewelry. But I wouldn't set a diamond that large into a pendant. It's too easy for someone to snatch it, or for the chain to break and maybe you'd notice for a while.

I'd put it in something "different" and wear it as a right hand ring, or on my index finger. I'm a fan of vintage cocktail type rings, or freeform or bold gold "remounts" for solitaires like Stuller has sold for years, except I'd get in rose gold for a completely new look. I also like halos, like the Tiffany Legacy and Ritani Endless Love.

Bypass twin ring, with the diamond paired with a colored gemstone and diamonds in the shank?
Flower cocktail / dinner ring with the diamond as the center?

Rose gold solitaire? Something like the Knox Diamonds "Motion" halo? I like a lot of the Knox site's rings, but they don't sell their mountings separately. David Klass in Los Angeles makes some nice rings, too.

I dunno. I don't know what you like, or whether you want to wear it daily or not.

_11005.jpg

flower-rose-gold-ring.jpg

knox_1155_1_motionhalo.jpg

knox_2327.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I just read Your story and wish You all the best in future.

How about bracelet? On Your wrist You could always see it. On Your neck it's hide from You.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. Having been close to a similar situation I have some thoughts. I think setting it as a right hand cocktailish ring seems --somehow disrespectful (no offense to anyone else's comments, just my feelings here). I like the idea of a pendant (symbollically) but agree it might be a little large for that. How about a gypsy style ring? A broad solid ring with the diamond bezel set into the top? The masculine/unisex style can be a nod to your husband and the diamond embedded in the top symbolic of his permanent place in your heart and life not matter what happens later. To the external world it will be a handsome ring but to you and anyone close to you it will be a small altar to your marriage. (Also, forgive me if this is a little too forward or personal, but if you were to start dating or have relationships later it is neutral and doesnt stand out too much). I will attach a couple of photos of this style of ring.

yellowbezel.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
valmanin|1382015810|3539417 said:
liaerfbv|1382015615|3539414 said:

I was thinking the same thing! I think it would be a lovely sentiment to wear it close to your heart.

I totally agree with this! I would absolutely turn it into a simple, classic pendant so it would be close to my heart always. And you could always wear it because solitaires go with everything.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry. I had no intention of being disrespectful. It's just that, for me, there is NO WAY that is ever going to become a pendant, for the reasons I cited. A reset as a ring would be it. And it would be reset to not look like an engagement ring or wedding ring. I figured the OP wanted a drastic style change, for any number of reasons. So, I took my responses in the direction of "away from bridal jewelry," into fashion or heirloom looks. On purpose.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/for-finishing-law-school.85000/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/for-finishing-law-school.85000/[/URL]
MaryAlaina had that made by Whiteflash.
file.jpgfile.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the 2 bottom rings posted by TC1987 in her first post.

A pendant would be lovely too but, for me personally, I would be afraid to wear such
An expensive stone around my neck.

*I* don't know how you feel about your stone or how your husband would feel about its
new home (all of this might play a big roll in how you choose to reset it) but, I would hope
You put it in something that makes you smile and remind you of all the lovely time you
spent with your husband.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of a bypass ring with a colored gem as the other stone. Perhaps you could find a spinel or garnet in his favorite color as the other stone. I would be afraid to wear it as a pendant as well.
Sorry for your loss.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bgray|1382046202|3539675 said:
I am so sorry for your loss. Having been close to a similar situation I have some thoughts. I think setting it as a right hand cocktailish ring seems --somehow disrespectful (no offense to anyone else's comments, just my feelings here). I like the idea of a pendant (symbollically) but agree it might be a little large for that. How about a gypsy style ring? A broad solid ring with the diamond bezel set into the top? The masculine/unisex style can be a nod to your husband and the diamond embedded in the top symbolic of his permanent place in your heart and life not matter what happens later. To the external world it will be a handsome ring but to you and anyone close to you it will be a small altar to your marriage. (Also, forgive me if this is a little too forward or personal, but if you were to start dating or have relationships later it is neutral and doesnt stand out too much). I will attach a couple of photos of this style of ring.

I like this idea and the first yellow gold bezel ring from Whiteflash. I sort of think this poster is a little too feminine to wear a real masculine ring - but I could be wrong.

To OldBride - I remember you and your wedding (very beautiful!) I am so terribly sorry for your loss. You are a beautiful lady - I wish you peace.

OldBride

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all for your responses. I think I will go with a simple ring. I like the ideas of a bezel setting in mixed metals or a simpler heirloom look. I just don't want it too read "festive."

Btw, my son will be getting married next year and is ring shopping. My first bit of advice was to clue him into this site.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results