shape
carat
color
clarity

Reset with Victor Canera? What would you do?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Everyone,

I'll try to keep this short.

I am going to meet with Victor in November, and I'm torn. I have been wanting to reset for a while, so I am jumping at the chance to meet him. But I actually like the look of my current ring with my tennis bracelet. I really just don't like the 1) the side view - Industrial prongs, and 2) want to go for a four prong. Done with the six prong.

So I can't decide if I want to go halo or solitaire. I'm at heart a solitaire person I think, but I remember seeing my first VC halo and I fell in love with the Donna. Pow!! Always wanted a round in a cushion setting. But worried if I will get tired of it. I must admit I don't think I have ever seen a very well done halo, so maybe it would be different if I saw one of Victor's pieces. If I went with a halo, I would do the emilya with a round in a cushion.

Solitaires I am considering. I have wanted a solitaire, but haven't pulled the trigger. I have always wanted just a little more. And now that I am wearing my tennis bracelet daily, would this style not go with it? This thread shows you how it looks like now.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/4-7-ctw-tennis-bracelet-finally-here.207044/

I love the basket on this one. LOVE it.
http://www.victorcanera.com/jewelry/engagement-rings/six-prong-pave-solitaire-with-scalloped-basket

From the top, I love the look of this. Four prong, double claw. short, fat claws.
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ances-2-70ct-leon-mege-solitaire-ring.161793/

I haven't decided whether to get pave on the side or not. I want the center to be the star, but I'm afraid I will get bored of the plain shank too.

I also considered staying with five stones, but Victor won't use the ones I already have, so it seems silly to buy new ones just because Victor is going to redo my ring. Would it be completely stupid if I meet with him and decide not to change? I don't want to waste his time. I'm all over the map and kinda stressing about this.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, everyone has a different perspective on this but when I was having studs made for myself this last summer I was sure I wanted simple studs. Others have convinced me to gor for a halo as they were not large center stones. I had also not seen impeccably executed halos locally before and we normally made solitaires for others or perhaps a cluster which I personally dislike. My jeweler made me halo-d studs and the workmansip is so wow that they are among my absolute favorite pieces. Classic yet not too simple, absolutely delish. VC has stunning halos in my opinion and I would personally opt for a halo with micropave but again this is only my subjective opinion. If you have not had one and have not seen a well made one, you may fall head over heels for it but only you can know whether it is right for you. I myself find that solitaires are more prone to someone getting bored of them, that has been the case with me and some of my customers. I also think that halos are really a forte of VC. You can of course meet with him and decide not to reset but my experience has also been that if you have wanted a change you will likely end up changing as once something starts bothering you it will always bother you. When I dislike something about one of my own pieces, I end up changing it because I always think I love this piece BUT if only this and that was different.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should meet with him and see what he has to say. IMO, I wonder if you might get bored with a solitaire pretty quickly
(an all metal solitaire) coming from what you have. I think you either need to go halo, or the solitaire with the beautiful web
like basket and pave on the shank. Of course that last setting was a 6 prong and you were talking about going to 4 prong so
I'm not sure how it would translate.

BUT, I hate to see you make a decision when you don't really seem to know what you want. Seeing Victor may help you decide
what you want though. Don't feel rushed to make a decision.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1413982414|3770916 said:
I think you should meet with him and see what he has to say. IMO, I wonder if you might get bored with a solitaire pretty quickly
(an all metal solitaire) coming from what you have. I think you either need to go halo, or the solitaire with the beautiful web
like basket and pave on the shank. Of course that last setting was a 6 prong and you were talking about going to 4 prong so

BUT, I hate to see you make a decision when you don't really seem to know what you want. Seeing Victor may help you decide
Agreed. Meet first. I am trying to make decisions now, and as much as I love a three stone with sapphire sides, my friends and my husband made very valid points about my perfectionism and dealing with the side stones not being identically cut, etc. and what if I damage one, three stones being set differently...etc. I have had a string of not so ideal ring situations so I am really struggling with what to do.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
If I wasn't sure what I wanted, I probably wouldn't waste time meeting with a jeweler like VC. It's not a decision that you want to feel pressured into (not that VC would pressure you, but the meeting itself might make you feel pressured). If it was me, I'd do more research and shop around - then I would move forward (with meetings, etc.). Just my .02 cents:)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victor is a very charming guy and he will not pressure you. But you are very nice and honest person and - like one of the posters above said - you will probably make yourself feel pressured.

I would explore more options before you meet him. I love the look of your 5 stone, especially in combination with your tennis bracelet. Perhaps you could ask Caysie or BE to redo your ring with your own stones.

I love love love the look of Victor's halo's, but the look of the 5 stone really makes a statement and a bolder look. Only you can decide whether that's more 'you'.

Happy thinking!!! And please don't make yourself crazy as there are so many options. Go with what your gut feeling tells you.

From what I've seen from you on PS you do not seem like a solitaire kind of person... Unless you combine it with a blingy band. I am more of a blingytaire kind of person: I might get bored with a solitaire over time and wearing a halo every day would annoy me. So, I tend to look for setting where there is something going on in the shank :twisted:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1413984179|3770926 said:
If I wasn't sure what I wanted, I probably wouldn't waste time meeting with a jeweler like VC. It's not a decision that you want to feel pressured into (not that VC would pressure you, but the meeting itself might make you feel pressured). If it was me, I'd do more research and shop around - then I would move forward (with meetings, etc.). Just my .02 cents:)
Mombappy, that is normally how I would feel, me pressuring myself to make a decision because I am meeting with VC. But I am trying myself not to let the pressure get to me. After all, this is a free market and tons of people shop around a lot before committing. I have gone to so many jewelers and liked very few halos. Brick and mortar high end retail shops. None of them see. To execute it with the grace and beauty of VC. Tiffany - straight prongs and basket. Flying saucers. Cartier - straight, straight everything. Other high end jewelers same thing. So if I saw a VC halo I think I might just love it. But I want to go look to give myself that chance. I love it in pictures and I want to see it on my hand. I don't think I will ever be at peace with a decision without doing my due diligence. See all the effort I put into my studs and bracelet. And I am very at peace with these pieces. :)

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask Victor to show you some of his pieces that he is in the process of making and anything he has in the shop as well, that way you can get a feel for his work. I was never a big fan of halos either until I saw his because everything we have in Australia is mostly clumsy and badly done, his halos are elegant and compliment the stone.

Don't place any pressure on yourself, take your time and pick something feels right for you.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I too think that another great option would be micropave on the shank and a beautiful, delicate basket. But ultimately you have to decide OP. I do not think you should feel pressured, why? Some people meet with several designers before they fall in love with something or find the one that they feel they can work together with. I am not sure that a four-prong is a great option, I may get flamed for that but I personally do not feel they are as safe for everyday wear. Victor does gorgeous six prongs. Then again, only you can know what you like.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom said:
Victor is a very charming guy and he will not pressure you. But you are very nice and honest person and - like one of the posters above said - you will probably make yourself feel pressured.

I would explore more options before you meet him. I love the look of your 5 stone, especially in combination with your tennis bracelet. Perhaps you could ask Caysie or BE to redo your ring with your own stones.

I love love love the look of Victor's halo's, but the look of the 5 stone really makes a statement and a bolder look. Only you can decide whether that's more 'you'.

Happy thinking!!! And please don't make yourself crazy as there are so many options. Go with what your gut feeling tells you.

From what I've seen from you on PS you do not seem like a solitaire kind of person... Unless you combine it with a blingy band. I am more of a blingytaire kind of person: I might get bored with a solitaire over time and wearing a halo every day would annoy me. So, I tend to look for setting where there is something going on in the shank :twisted:

Acinom, this is why I post questions. It never occurred to me to consider other jewelers who would be willing to use my existing stones. I should take this option into consideration. Sometimes things just don't occur to me. :roll:

And I do need to go back to what is "me". THanks for the reminder. I can easily lose that when I am on PS. I do like a bolder look but I don't like how it was done on my ring. But then I do love a delicate shank, and I never thought I would either. Ok, I'll try my best not to make myself crazy. :| Thanks for the support.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1413985898|3770944 said:
Ask Victor to show you some of his pieces that he is in the process of making and anything he has in the shop as well, that way you can get a feel for his work. I was never a big fan of halos either until I saw his because everything we have in Australia is mostly clumsy and badly done, his halos are elegant and compliment the stone.

Don't place any pressure on yourself, take your time and pick something feels right for you.

Thank you arkieb1. This is really what I would like to do, what you said. Get a feel for his pieces. When I went to Single Stone, I saw Twosanguinehearts' setting IRL. It's beautiful, but seeing it, I would not choose it. That's another reason I want to see it IRL.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you tyty. I'm going to work hard at that, not feeling pressured. I mean, if it was just any other jeweler whose store I wandered into, I would not feel this pressure. I am afraid I will get bored of the solitaire too. Sigh...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1413983475|3770922 said:

Agreed. Meet first. I am trying to make decisions now, and as much as I love a three stone with sapphire sides, my friends and my husband made very valid points about my perfectionism and dealing with the side stones not being identically cut, etc. and what if I damage one, three stones being set differently...etc. I have had a string of not so ideal ring situations so I am really struggling with what to do.

Thanks ame. You know how it feels. Keep us updated, and I'll do the same. (((hug))) So sorry you have to even deal with this.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1413985629|3770938 said:
momhappy|1413984179|3770926 said:
Mombappy, that is normally how I would feel, me pressuring myself to make a decision because I am meeting with VC. But I am trying myself not to let the pressure get to me. After all, this is a free market and tons of people shop around a lot before committing. I have gone to so many jewelers and liked very few halos. Brick and mortar high end retail shops. None of them see. To execute it with the grace and beauty of VC. Tiffany - straight prongs and basket. Flying saucers. Cartier - straight, straight everything. Other high end jewelers same thing. So if I saw a VC halo I think I might just love it. But I want to go look to give myself that chance. I love it in pictures and I want to see it on my hand. I don't think I will ever be at peace with a decision without doing my due diligence. See all the effort I put into my studs and bracelet. And I am very at peace with these pieces. :)

If you need to try on a VC halo in an effort to make a decision, then a meeting with him sounds fine too. It's part of his job to meet with potential clients, so don't worry about wasting his time.
For what it's worth, I shopped around for my halo too (VC, SK, high-end local jewelers) and I found exactly what I was looking for when I spoke with Chris at ERD. Victor's halos are truly incredible, but to be honest, I was not impressed with his customer service and I needed a bit more "hand-holding" (or involvement) throughout my reset process. Like you, I put a ton of time, effort, and research into my halo reset and I, too, feel very at peace with my finished product.
Meet with Victor and then decide - trust your gut - it sounds like you've made good decisions before and I'm sure that you will this time too =)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1413987654|3770962 said:

Thank you arkieb1. This is really what I would like to do, what you said. Get a feel for his pieces. When I went to Single Stone, I saw Twosanguinehearts' setting IRL. It's beautiful, but seeing it, I would not choose it. That's another reason I want to see it IRL.

^ this is exactly why meeting with VC would benefit you in terms of decision-making/reviewing your options - I was going to type "narrowing your options" but during your VC meeting you may come across a setting you had already considered and discarded but in person you find it most pleasing on your hand (and vice versa).

As to your 5 stones, maybe 8 months ago (?), Steven Kirsch was willing to use my five 0.25ct carre-cut stones (which I no longer own) in one of his settings - it may be worthwhile to contact him if you haven't done so already.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1413986330|3770953 said:
I too think that another great option would be micropave on the shank and a beautiful, delicate basket. But ultimately you have to decide OP. I do not think you should feel pressured, why? Some people meet with several designers before they fall in love with something or find the one that they feel they can work together with. I am not sure that a four-prong is a great option, I may get flamed for that but I personally do not feel they are as safe for everyday wear. Victor does gorgeous six prongs. Then again, only you can know what you like.

Thank you OVincze. Yup, no pressure. I'll keep reminding myself. I'll take pictures for sure. Victor said he actually had that six prong I linked to on site. :clap:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to pipe in and give you my experience with my VC Emilya- that style is so well-known and hyped on PS that I was expecting it to solve world peace, shoot rainbows out of its pave, and make a gourmet dinner to boot :angel: I will admit to opening the box and being a little underwhelmed at first because it was just a ring, after all. It's only after I've worn it for awhile now and gotten to admire it in all sorts of lighting and situations, that I've really come to appreciate its craftsmanship and style. So, I think it's good that you're going to visit VC and really get a good look at what he can do.

If I hadn't chosen the Emilya, I would've gone for the original Evelyn, though with u-cut pave as opposed to the bright cut- I love that's like a gussied up solitaire and Victor really excels at pave work. Is that style a consideration for you?

(As a side story, I was in a Kay's yesterday- don't ask- and the salewoman went NUTS over my VC. She asked who the designer was, was very extremely complimentary, asked if she could take it to show her manager, and said that she could tell instantly it was a hand-produced piece, and that the quality was so much higher than the mass-produced rings they sold- her exact words.)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock

This! Why not meet and try on a few pieces? You will know then if you don't already! For me the VC halo's rule the day. They do not overpower a stone so much as elegantly frame her in exquisite finery. But that is just me.

And... what wouldn't your tennis bracelet go with? I do love it with your ring. But, I think I'd love it with a halo. And a five stone. Or a round with French cut sides...

Lucky you!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Exactly that. A well done halo should not take away from the center stone but actually emphasize it, just take a look at the VC Jewel of the Week, what a stunning ring and the center diamond is really the center of attention. Ok, that is a stone over 5 carats but I have a halo for my 30 point studs too and it is so delish, it is seriously something I find admiring the workmanship on. Everyone does halos differently of course, mine is not exactly round (but instead twelve angles which you will never see unless you knew it and looked at it from close) but the main thing is that all claws should be claws not balls, delicate, as little metal showing as possible but secure settings, the whole thing should look very delicate and feminine and I think that is exactly what I love about it, a great halo is uber feminine, which is quite a bit my style otherwise too. At the same time it should be understated elegance too. Some like flush, I prefer slightly raised center stone because it does emphasize the center a bit more. Superior craftsmanship is required to set small enough stones to make it not look bulky.

I also wanted to comment that the VC basket you posted is exquisite, very unique, I happen to love it too. Not sure it is what I would pick but if someone wants a solitaire with a twist that may be a great way to go.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1413988258|3770969 said:
LLJsmom|1413987654|3770962 said:

^ this is exactly why meeting with VC would benefit you in terms of decision-making/reviewing your options - I was going to type "narrowing your options" but during your VC meeting you may come across a setting you had already considered and discarded but in person you find it most pleasing on your hand (and vice versa).

As to your 5 stones, maybe 8 months ago (?), Steven Kirsch was willing to use my five 0.25ct carre-cut stones (which I no longer own) in one of his settings - it may be worthwhile to contact him if you haven't done so already.

Marymm, that's exactly what I'm afraid of, choosing a halo and then finding out that I love the look of his solitaire (with a twist) more. Or vice versa. That's why I feel like I have to go see it, try it, feel it in person before committing. I'm such a doubting Thomas. Shame on me. I wish I was one of those people who just KNOW.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all of the VC options you have posted! I did want to say that you need to think about which style which suits your lifestyle best. Also, I would not choose a halo if you decide to upgrade your stone in the near future. Good luck with your choice!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1414000756|3771074 said:
I love all of the VC options you have posted! I did want to say that you need to think about which style which suits your lifestyle best. Also, I would not choose a halo if you decide to upgrade your stone in the near future. Good luck with your choice!

M-2-b, wow, thanks for the reminder. I totally forgot. There is a slim chance I will upgrade in 1-2 years. I wonder if I chose the non-halo option, would I be able to use part of the setting if I do upgrade. The six prong I posted has flush stems. Another question I will have to ask.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember when you got this new five stone mounting. You considered other things but still kept coming back to this one.

I think you like this mounting - you just don't like the head. You love the bold bling and the way it looks with your new bracelet (which is fabulous!) I think the suggestion to perhaps remake it using the stones you have might be the right answer. I do think that the six prongs give you a bit more protection for your stone AND visually creates a rounder, larger look.

The halo rings are gorgeous but I think with a stone your size, you're looking to balance out the stone with something on the side as opposed to around the stone. Dainty mountings are lovely too but you don't get a real bold look - more of a shimmer.

I've had my three stone mounting for several years now - through two stones in fact. When I go back and try on solitaires, I'm always struck by how beautiful they are and how naked they look on my hand. I guess your eyes get used to looking at a certain thing and it would be hard to give up the extra bling.

Not an exact answer - just food for thought. It's a shame Victor won't use other people's side stones but it's also a shame to let them go to waste. As I said, just some thoughts. You're a bright girl - you'll come up with the perfect solution for you given enough time to think about it all!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
LLJ I sooo get what you are going though. I have been doing my head in for months and I have been totally consumed with my damn ring. A bit of my story. My first 2.5 ct diamond was set in a bgd half round tiffany setting and whilst I really liked it felt it was lacking some kind of bling. So about 6 months later upgraded to a 3.2 and sent it off to Victor as I had always loved the look of his round emilya's. Last minute I decided to go for the double row cushion emilya halo, however when I received it as beautiful as it was it was a little to square, so I had it redone to a round emilya. When I received the round halo I was so disappointed in how it looked on my finger...stunning ring though. As much as I hate squarish I actually think the first one suited me much better, I actually really wished I just had Victor remake the first option but much more cushion shape which he was going to do before I said to go ahead with round. So for all those months drooling over the round halos I ended up not really liking it on my finger. :wall: So I was on the hunt for something else, in the meantime I reset my stone into the old bgd tiffany setting, it fit a little crooked but atleast I could wear it whilst deciding. Since that day I have LOVED it in a plain solitaire, same setting different stone so I don't know if its because of the small size increase only .75mm or the colour, went from an I (which I NEVER had a problem with) to a G. Im a little active so I didn't want to go back to the cushion halo for my main ring however I will do it for a rhr next year. I don't like 3 stones on me, I though of the pave shanks but honestly everytime I compare I am just drawn back to the plain old solitaire. So finally today I paid for my VC Gabriella 6 prong plain shank solitaire and I am more than happy with my decision, honestly though I would not have changed from the BGD tiffany setting if my diamond fit in there properly. My only issue now is the eternity band...always something. But for now I think Im enjoying wearing it alone I don't want anything that will compete with my stone only a little extra hint of bling.

So with your ring, I agree definitely DONT do the halo unless you know that is your forever ring, all future rhr. I will have to sell my round emilya at some stage soon for a huge loss and only about 48 hours worth of wear. I do like the pave shanks though but tend to think they could distract a tad from the centre stone. I wasn't a fan of the scalloped basket that's linked, maybe because I like donuts but I do like the idea of a little bling on the basket. I think seeing Victor is the best thing for you to do, it will help eliminate settings you perhaps felt you actually loved but irl not so much, or prove that you do completely love them. I wish I had had that opportunity. I also think the best thing about plain solitaire is they suit any type of band big bling, little bling, any bling. But I would plead with you to take a step back, breath and think about your decision for atleast a day or two before signing off on a workorder, its so easy to let emotions take over on what is such an important decision, or it can be a very costly mistake/regret. I really want to hear how everything goes and your experience with Victor. :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1413988634|3770973 said:
I just wanted to pipe in and give you my experience with my VC Emilya- that style is so well-known and hyped on PS that I was expecting it to solve world peace, shoot rainbows out of its pave, and make a gourmet dinner to boot :angel: I will admit to opening the box and being a little underwhelmed at first because it was just a ring, after all. It's only after I've worn it for awhile now and gotten to admire it in all sorts of lighting and situations, that I've really come to appreciate its craftsmanship and style. So, I think it's good that you're going to visit VC and really get a good look at what he can do.

If I hadn't chosen the Emilya, I would've gone for the original Evelyn, though with u-cut pave as opposed to the bright cut- I love that's like a gussied up solitaire and Victor really excels at pave work. Is that style a consideration for you?

(As a side story, I was in a Kay's yesterday- don't ask- and the salewoman went NUTS over my VC. She asked who the designer was, was very extremely complimentary, asked if she could take it to show her manager, and said that she could tell instantly it was a hand-produced piece, and that the quality was so much higher than the mass-produced rings they sold- her exact words.)

Hi Logan Sapphire, you are hilarious, but I totally get what you're saying. Yes, it's like the Emilya is legendary on PS, and will bring about world peace as well... :lol: :lol: Yes, I appreciate everyone's input, and it confirms my decision to visit Victor. Worth a short getaway with my DH. While he works, I look at jewelry. :appl: Wish that was all the time.

Yes, I had considered the Evelyn before I saw the six prong pave solitaire. The basket on the Evelyn is straight and just below the girdle. A little stiff looking for my taste. I love the scalloped basket of the six prong because it tapers to the stone and is further below the girdle, so you can't really see the basket until you're almost under the ring.

I'm happy that you actually love your emilya more as you wear it. That's the best feeling. I sure hope that I get to feel that way too. Funny about Kay jewelers. At least they know a beautiful setting when they see it. ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1413996491|3771039 said:
Exactly that. A well done halo should not take away from the center stone but actually emphasize it, just take a look at the VC Jewel of the Week, what a stunning ring and the center diamond is really the center of attention. Ok, that is a stone over 5 carats but I have a halo for my 30 point studs too and it is so delish, it is seriously something I find admiring the workmanship on. Everyone does halos differently of course, mine is not exactly round (but instead twelve angles which you will never see unless you knew it and looked at it from close) but the main thing is that all claws should be claws not balls, delicate, as little metal showing as possible but secure settings, the whole thing should look very delicate and feminine and I think that is exactly what I love about it, a great halo is uber feminine, which is quite a bit my style otherwise too. At the same time it should be understated elegance too. Some like flush, I prefer slightly raised center stone because it does emphasize the center a bit more. Superior craftsmanship is required to set small enough stones to make it not look bulky.

I also wanted to comment that the VC basket you posted is exquisite, very unique, I happen to love it too. Not sure it is what I would pick but if someone wants a solitaire with a twist that may be a great way to go.

OVincze, I know what you mean about VC and halos. It's like living in California and not eating whatever fruit is in season. Of course you go with the best when it's the best. So maybe seeing it will push me over the edge. Life style was an issue, but I'm used to taking it off before working out now, so no issues. If nothing else, I will get a chance to see some beautiful halos done well. I hope he has some for me to see IRL.

Now that I think of it, the most beautiful halo I've seen IRL is asscher girl's emerald cut in the Sebastian Barier setting. I'm not much of an art deco kinda girl, but that setting just flowed, easy on the eyes yet so stunning. Complemented the center stone, subtle yet spectacular. I know I'm making no sense.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...sary-upgrade-2-52-emerald-cut-diamond.187820/

Anyway, I thought I found that in the cushion with TwoSanguineHearts' singlestone setting, but...not really IRL. Oh well. Sorry, I digress.

Thanks, I will enjoy looking at VC's beauties if nothing else. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1414013609|3771206 said:
I remember when you got this new five stone mounting. You considered other things but still kept coming back to this one.

I think you like this mounting - you just don't like the head. You love the bold bling and the way it looks with your new bracelet (which is fabulous!) I think the suggestion to perhaps remake it using the stones you have might be the right answer. I do think that the six prongs give you a bit more protection for your stone AND visually creates a rounder, larger look.

The halo rings are gorgeous but I think with a stone your size, you're looking to balance out the stone with something on the side as opposed to around the stone. Dainty mountings are lovely too but you don't get a real bold look - more of a shimmer.

I've had my three stone mounting for several years now - through two stones in fact. When I go back and try on solitaires, I'm always struck by how beautiful they are and how naked they look on my hand. I guess your eyes get used to looking at a certain thing and it would be hard to give up the extra bling.

Not an exact answer - just food for thought. It's a shame Victor won't use other people's side stones but it's also a shame to let them go to waste. As I said, just some thoughts. You're a bright girl - you'll come up with the perfect solution for you given enough time to think about it all!
MGR, thanks for the reminder. It is so easy to forget why I liked the original setting. I don't like the head. I guess I will meet with VC first and then see if I need to consider others. At least I will have tried even if I don't go with Victor. I will just look at this as a get away and relax and enjoy bling.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I would so love to meet with Victor too, so I would go for it!

Why won't Victor use the stones you already own?

I have been kind of mulling the same thing as you. I have a bit of damage on my Leon and I have been thinking of switching to a halo. I am kind of over the 2 MM ring size. Have you seen Brilliantly Engaged/ERD ring called the Dahlia? It is a lovely halo with a Michael B lace style band. It strikes me as a great combo between solitaire and halo. Usually I am not a big fan of a plain band on a halo but this adds just enough bling for me. I am loving this ring!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
paulav|1414023889|3771318 said:
LLJ I sooo get what you are going though. I have been doing my head in for months and I have been totally consumed with my damn ring. A bit of my story. My first 2.5 ct diamond was set in a bgd half round tiffany setting and whilst I really liked it felt it was lacking some kind of bling. So about 6 months later upgraded to a 3.2 and sent it off to Victor as I had always loved the look of his round emilya's. Last minute I decided to go for the double row cushion emilya halo, however when I received it as beautiful as it was it was a little to square, so I had it redone to a round emilya. When I received the round halo I was so disappointed in how it looked on my finger...stunning ring though. As much as I hate squarish I actually think the first one suited me much better, I actually really wished I just had Victor remake the first option but much more cushion shape which he was going to do before I said to go ahead with round. So for all those months drooling over the round halos I ended up not really liking it on my finger. :wall: So I was on the hunt for something else, in the meantime I reset my stone into the old bgd tiffany setting, it fit a little crooked but atleast I could wear it whilst deciding. Since that day I have LOVED it in a plain solitaire, same setting different stone so I don't know if its because of the small size increase only .75mm or the colour, went from an I (which I NEVER had a problem with) to a G. Im a little active so I didn't want to go back to the cushion halo for my main ring however I will do it for a rhr next year. I don't like 3 stones on me, I though of the pave shanks but honestly everytime I compare I am just drawn back to the plain old solitaire. So finally today I paid for my VC Gabriella 6 prong plain shank solitaire and I am more than happy with my decision, honestly though I would not have changed from the BGD tiffany setting if my diamond fit in there properly. My only issue now is the eternity band...always something. But for now I think Im enjoying wearing it alone I don't want anything that will compete with my stone only a little extra hint of bling.

So with your ring, I agree definitely DONT do the halo unless you know that is your forever ring, all future rhr. I will have to sell my round emilya at some stage soon for a huge loss and only about 48 hours worth of wear. I do like the pave shanks though but tend to think they could distract a tad from the centre stone. I wasn't a fan of the scalloped basket that's linked, maybe because I like donuts but I do like the idea of a little bling on the basket. I think seeing Victor is the best thing for you to do, it will help eliminate settings you perhaps felt you actually loved but irl not so much, or prove that you do completely love them. I wish I had had that opportunity. I also think the best thing about plain solitaire is they suit any type of band big bling, little bling, any bling. But I would plead with you to take a step back, breath and think about your decision for atleast a day or two before signing off on a workorder, its so easy to let emotions take over on what is such an important decision, or it can be a very costly mistake/regret. I really want to hear how everything goes and your experience with Victor. :D

Wow, ok, a lot has happened. I'm sorry you had to go through so much. I can see why you're saying, "Go look at it and try it on!!" I am totally crossing my fingers for you, that you will love the Gabriella. Check out this look, post #1241. Isn't this gorgeous? Plain six prong with a super skinny channel set band. This makes me want to go back to a solitaire.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...ings-what-does-yours-look-like-662246-83.html

BEST, BEST of luck to you. (And I checked out your thread, about why you didn't like the cushion halo. Yes, I would have been very disappointed too.)

I'll let you know how it goes. Please post pics when yours is done!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1414031838|3771378 said:
LLJsmom, I would so love to meet with Victor too, so I would go for it!

Why won't Victor use the stones you already own?

I have been kind of mulling the same thing as you. I have a bit of damage on my Leon and I have been thinking of switching to a halo. I am kind of over the 2 MM ring size. Have you seen Brilliantly Engaged/ERD ring called the Dahlia? It is a lovely halo with a Michael B lace style band. It strikes me as a great combo between solitaire and halo. Usually I am not a big fan of a plain band on a halo but this adds just enough bling for me. I am loving this ring!

Hi Luv, I looked up your Leon. I love the top down view of Leon's four prong double claw settings. It's perfect in every respect in my opinion. I know I'm weird but I think this looks rounder than a six prong. I really don't like the 12 and 6 o'clock prongs on a six prong, I have discovered. It makes me think of a clock. Isn't it weird what a brain will do?

I do love the look of this ring. Very much like yours except single claws.
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/introducing-my-new-leon-t128080-60.html

It's weird b/c VC does not have that many looks like this with a 2+ carat center stone on PS. MayK has an evelyn, but really not that many others. I love the Leon shanks b/c they are soooo skinny. From afar, it looks like the diamond girdles extend beyond the metal. I know, not exactly safe, but beautiful! :)

So you're kind over yours? The BE setting you linked is beautiful. The top down look is gorgeous. My only issue with it is that the halo sits on such a flat plane. I mean the top is cushiony and the bottom cushions downward, so it's kinda puffy above and below. I would prefer the bottom not to be puffy, if you know what I mean. If you like it, you should go for it. It is a big change from your blingy solitaire! Keep us posted on your search and decision making process.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results