carat
color
clarity

Reset ideas for my 3.5 ct OEC?

lokelani

Rough_Rock
slg47 said:
kal2021|1294002884|2812535 said:
Sounds like you are all good for now, but I just thought I'd chime in with this new unique setting from JbEG:
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...-Halo-Setting/15232017_4UHLY#1139638780_X52T5
It is probably not as antique looking as you would like, but it is totally customizable, has a bezel set, and you can add diamonds to the basket if you want to add some bling that doesn't offset the color of your center stone. Thought it was worth a look!

ok sorry to threadjack but...WOW!!!! that is gorgeous!

+1!!!

My vote is either this new "Gabbie" (and I am not even a halo girl!) or Gypsy's brilliant idea of the BGD customized. Amazing!

Sure wish I had this predicament, BTW... a 3 1/2 ct OEC hanging around waiting for a home is a nice problem to have! :razz: Although that is disappointing about the antique setting not holding up. I hope you end up loving the solution to this even more than the original!

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
lokelani|1294095380|2813509 said:
slg47 said:
kal2021|1294002884|2812535 said:
Sounds like you are all good for now, but I just thought I'd chime in with this new unique setting from JbEG:
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.c...-Halo-Setting/15232017_4UHLY#1139638780_X52T5
It is probably not as antique looking as you would like, but it is totally customizable, has a bezel set, and you can add diamonds to the basket if you want to add some bling that doesn't offset the color of your center stone. Thought it was worth a look!

ok sorry to threadjack but...WOW!!!! that is gorgeous!

+1!!!

I know, isn't this new Gabbie setting TDF?! I hope the OP hops on and sees it. :love:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
That Gabbie setting is super gorgeous- and I'd work with JbEG in a heartbeat. I didn't see the option sans-halo at first, lol. So far I like the Singlestone settings the best, in terms of what I would look best with my stone, and Gypsy's pics from BGD in terms of what attracts my eye most (but may not be the most flattering in terms of the center stone's color... but I'm not sure I care *that* much about that). And the Gabbie the second most. I think. Some of the others are really gorgeous too.

And yeah, I'm totally filing away pics and suggestions- I think I should just accept that I have LynnB-itis and will probably reset ad infinitum. ;))

Okay. I've got some pics I can post of the current setting, for Grace and anyone else curious. Actually I don't think I posted them anywhere else, now that I think about it. Because the stone is freaking filthy mostly, lol

(Edited because I'm clearly unobservant, haha.)

lgkoec1x.jpg

lgkmoec12x.jpg

lgkoec2x.jpg

lgkmoec1xx.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
and a couple more.

I didn't take a shot that shows it perfectly but the design is, two birds- swallows maybe- are the sides of the shanks, and their wings form the gallery.

The bezel was handmade by my fave bench guy, Larry Winters. He did a lovely job. The original way it was designed was a bit different, lower- the culet would totally have touched my finger if he didn't build the bezel up higher. The original stone it came with was a *gorgeous* antique cut amethyst, but he had to smash it to get it out unfortunately. Too bad!

lgkmoec3x.jpg

lgkmoec15x.jpg

lgkmoec13x.jpg

lgkbracelet18x.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my gosh! That is one stunning stone! :love: :love: :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You stone is stunning! If it were me. I'd call up a vendor you trust and send them shots of your stone/ring and give them your budget and the 'feel' you want (send them pics of settings you like or concepts you like) as well as any features (a bezel) and have them suggest a few ideas back to you and see what they are thinking.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi LGK,
Saw this ring on ebay awhile back-don't know if you've seen this one! If you are going custom in the future, this might be a nice option. The surrounding diamonds are underneath and would be seen better from the profile, so as not to add contrast to your center stone. I contemplated a version of this before I opted for the gold bezel.

doublediasurround.jpg2_0.jpg
doublediasurround_0.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hiya Coati and Gypsy! :wavey: :wavey:

LGK, many thanks for posting of your current setting - I lurve it! Its a shame the melee is falling out :(sad To answer your question, I have a 3ct tranny that I am looking to set in a vintage setting vs a new setting. So far, I have not been lucky.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Coati, I *love* that setting! OMG, that's gorgeous. I hadn't seen that one. All sorts of good ideas! Gypsy, thank you especially :))

Grr. I lost another three melee the last day or so, one is in a really prominent location. Definitely gonna have to reset it ASAP. I really hope my "spare" setting fits the stone; I realize I vaguely remember someone telling me it was too small for my OEC.

I might ask the local jeweler I know to see if he can use his laser welder to put wee blobs of platinum in the open spaces. The melee is tiny enough that would probably be good enough. I do like the existing setting well enough- I mean, it's not my all time dream setting, but it's antique and IMO is a good setting for my stone- it fits all the weird little specifications I want.

Grace, I'll keep an eye out for an antique setting that might fit your stone. They're ridiculously hard to find, for larger sizes, as I'm sure you know all too well!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I happened upon this beauty. I think it would match your oec well ;-)

lgkbezel4.png
lgkbezel3.png
lgkbezel2.png
lgkBEZEL.png

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
WOAH!!!!!!!!!

I don't have much advice, but let me tell you that your stone is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results