shape
carat
color
clarity

Replace pink Sapphire with what cut diamond??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bugaboo

Shiny_Rock
Hi there!

I have a beautiful pink sapphire and diamond 3 stone ring set in white gold. I love my engagement ring but I have ALWAYS wanted a BIG centre diamond!!!!

The pink sapphire is emerald cut and 2.54 cts, with a princess cut diamond either side weighing .32cts each.

What cut diamond would suit? I don''t seem to like the emerald cut that well, they just dont seem to have the brillance of a Asscher, cushion or radiant...(sorry please no-one get offended!).

Does anyone have a ring similar or seen any combinations with 2 side princess cut diamonds??

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If your''re set on keeping the princess cut side stones, my immediate thought is a princess cut for the center.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just curious, how is an asscher more sparkly than an EC?

I would probably do s princess too. Or radiant.

bugaboo

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice.

I dont know what is it, but the way a EC is cut just doesn''t have the bling like a princess or radiant......can anyone further expand??
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 11:31:28 PM
Author: bugaboo
Thanks for the advice.

I dont know what is it, but the way a EC is cut just doesn''t have the bling like a princess or radiant......can anyone further expand??
33.gif
EC''s have an elegant look, there is fire to them for sure. Princess and radiants have more of a crushed ice look to them. At least that''s how I see them. I think all are lovely, it''s what floats your boat.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
yup, I'd do a princess or radiant as well.

Emerald cuts have a different sparkle, because there are simply fewer and larger facets.

I think emerald cuts are beautiful for their long lines and large bold brilliant flashes.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Have you looked at diamond ECs and not just your sapphire EC? Sapphires don''t usually sparkle nearly as much as diamonds. With princess sides I would stick to a princess center though.

Angara

Rough_Rock
Princess Cut, Radiant Cut and Emerald Cut Explained

A Princess Cut diamond has a ‘linear’ radiance with the appearance of contrasting lines from light and dark facets. This facet arrangement in princess cut results in black and white reflections and creates the appearance of a black "X" within the diamond. The pointed edges allow too much light to leak out of the diamond instead of being directed back to the eye in the form of brilliance.

Radiant Cut, on the contrary, has a circular life resulting from the hybrid nature of the cut. The cut is a combination of the best of the round and emerald cuts. This unique cut allows light to enter the diamond from many angles, giving it the ability to reflect light in numerous ways within the diamond. As compared to a princess cut, radiant cut exhibits more fire and brilliance.

The emerald cut diamond, also known as a step cut (for the way it resembles a set of steps), has fewer facets than the more popular round diamond. The emerald cut diamond is rectangular or square in shape with tapered corners. While a round diamond has 58 facets, the emerald cut has only 25 facets. And because the light entering into the diamond has fewer surfaces to reflect off of, there is noticeably less fire in emerald cut diamonds as compared to other cuts. As a direct consequence, inclusions and lower color grade in the diamond are easily visible to the naked eye. It is therefore important to consider a higher color and clarity grade when purchasing an emerald cut diamond. Ideal choice for someone who prefers elegance in simplicity.

Hope this solves your query.

Best,

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would probably leave your lovely sapphire ring alone and wear it on your right hand and just start over with another e-ring. Then you won''t be limited by the sidestones on that ring.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you really want to use your side stones, you''ll have to choose a center stone with right angles at the corners too. That''s either princess or radiant.

I DO like diamondseeker''s idea of making your present ring a right hand right and creating something entirely new for yourself. In that case I''d vote for one of ERD''s gorgeous cushions. No contest there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results