shape
carat
color
clarity

remounting full circe diamond eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

av8r

Rough_Rock
e>
since they cant be resized, i wondered if anyone here has had any experience getting their ring remounted.
in this case... going from a size 4.5 to a size 5.
8 pointers 20 diamonds 1.6ct 3mm wide.
has to be cheaper then selling the ring and buying new one..
could it be done with new identical size 5 setting alone? (the 4.5 and size 5 rings orig came with 1.6cts)
or if i had to add a diamond -would that likely increase it more than just the 1/2 size i wanted to gain.

thanks.

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
Hi

I have just had this issue (sort of) where I developed an allergy to my white gold rings! so my engagement ring, full diamond wedding band and full diamond eternity band are now at the jewellers being reset onto platinum as we speak - Ive kept the styling pretty similar (they were channel set before and theyve stayed channel set) but used the opportunity to make my solitaire a 4 prong rather than a six prong and asked the jeweller to ensure that both channel sets are set to the same ring profile so they all look nice and matchy on my finger (one is princess and one is baguette)

In terms of resetting my jeweller didnt think he would have an issue and priced me for the job as a whole up front - I was concerned that the different sizes of the stones in my baguette cut and princess cut rings would mean he would need to either add or subtract stones in order to make them the same but he wasnt worried about that and said he would let me know before making any changes to stones but if anything it might mean an extra princess stone in my wedding band which as my wedding band is only 3 mm I wasnt too worried about. However Im lucky in that my jeweller is also a model maker so can custom make my settings to ensure the profiles fit the stones so to speak. If you are looking to buy an off the peg setting it might not be as straightforward? I think the profile setting can sometimes make a bit of a difference as it affects the height and spacing of the stones but if you love the style that you have then Im sure they can custom make you the same setting but one size up?

Have just read above sorry its soo long! hope it makes sense I basically went and spoke to a few jewellers before deciding what to do

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results