shape
carat
color
clarity

REGENT Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SOS

Rough_Rock
This is my first post, although I have been reading here for months. Thanks to all of you for teaching me so much. I have decided on the Regent Cut and there are two that I am considering. The BrillianceScope readings are AMAZING, so watch the drool!! Here they are:

.89/VS2/H
P/S: EX/VG
Depth: 65.4%
Table: 68%
http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent_0_89ct_h_vs2.htm

.93/VS1/I
P/S: VG/VG
Depth: 68.4%
Table: 63%
http://www.goodoldgold.com/regent_93ct_ivs1.htm

So, seriously... is it time to flip a coin? What do you guys think? Any comments on these stones? I need something to break the tie. Ring size is 4 3/4.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
no contest my friend. #1. They are about the same mm size, it's a better color and it scores higher...love it.
1.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Easy,

Just ask Jonathon which one he would buy if buying for himself, then buy it. He will steer you to the one he likes the best and tell you why to boot.

Wink

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I'm no expert but I like the looks and details of the first stone from the website. I bought the 0.71 VVS2/J regent and you can see pictures here
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you guys tried the new GemAdviser ?
2.gif
('sample' below)

Both stones seem charming and the cut does do it's best to make them of equal size! However, seen up-close and personal (admitedly, these pictures and stats say way more than what I would expoect to see with the two stones lined up infront of me, although that would be quite nice too
2.gif
) It does seem that there should be some difference of caracter between the two - the size of the tables makes these different, and the difference of contrast may begin to show, I would think. But this is so tehory! I would definitely ask Jonathan to arbiter - there is no way to go wrong between these two. Choosing between pictures, I might go for the I-VS, but in person, who knows? These may look very much alike after all...

Hm... definitely not unpleasant judging diamonds, even on the computer screen!

Will the setting come from GOG too?

TwoR.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results