shape
carat
color
clarity

Ready to Search for an EC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All right everyone,

I'm getting ready to buy my EC but I'm still having cold feet. I have been reading up so much that my head is bursting with information and end up more confused than when I started. However, I do have plenty of time so I can wait until I find the perfect stone. Of course I plan NOT to skimp on cut, but my questions to the cut nuts are these:

1. Hearing how white a well cut F, G and H will face up when set, should I go for a H instead of a G on an EC?

2. I'm happy with a VS2 on an EC since I can't see anything with my naked eye from all angles. I'm the one where even a spot viewed from the side or the pavilon will bother me. Will a SI1 be too obvious to my eye without a loupe?

3. I've seen the pictures of the RB with flourescence and I love it.
love.gif
Should I sort through the ECs and wait for one with flourescence and yet still have good light return? Will I end up waiting months looking for such an EC? I am pretty tough on my requirements this time around since there is no upgrade planned for many years to come on this one. I want excellent light return and at least one H and 2 VHs on the BScope. Is that asking for too much?
confused.gif

I hope to post some pictures for advice later when it comes to the crunch time.

Chrono

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one way not to spend months on this is have a seller look up a stone for you. I would say that it may not pay to set such requirements for Brilliance scope results: first of all, it does not seem that too many sellers use the tool in the first place - so the availability of the report may limit your options more than anything. Besides, the Bscope uses a separate scale for step cuts - and I have yet to see it's specifications compared to other those used for other shapes (square Ecs included).

It's *me* again, but I doubt there is any replacement for some shopping around by sight - there is no other way to know what an H color would look like and whether that's ok with you. It is less useful to look around for samples of a clarity grade - each stone would have it's inclusions placed differently. It is not unusual to find inclusions placed strategically off the table in emerald cuts, so I would not disqualify SI1 off the bat - there are enough nice surprises in this department out there - such as THIS
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results