shape
carat
color
clarity

Re-setting a Tiffany Solitaire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ked123

Rough_Rock
I have a 1.2 carat stone in the traditional Tiffany''s 6 prong setting (purchased at Tiffany''s). I notice now that they have all sorts of new settings, including a RB with a bead set band and a RB with a channel set band. I really would like to get something more elaborate.

Does anyone know if they will re-set my traditional ring into one of these other settings? Or, I guess we could just go to any jeweler?

We are not prepared to outlay the cash for a complete upgrade, but I thought this might be another alternative.

Thanks!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I don't know Tiffany's policy on resets. However I wouldn't have it reset anywhere else, if Tiffany won't do it. Unless you don't mind destroying any value the name brand has. I guess if you aren't ever planning to resell it, that may not matter to you. Still, seeing antique diamonds reset into modern settings at work all the time makes me sad, and I do encourage you to leave a nice designer piece intact if you can't have it reset by the same designer.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results