shape
carat
color
clarity

Raven's Refuge?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
R and I are already looking at wedding bands. I've lusted so deeply for years for the textured 22kt yellow gold bands by SS but am unsure of paying their price, especially for two bands. I remember a few people reviewing them here (Logan, Marymm?). Has anyone else had things made by them? Reviews?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Beautiful ring!

I do indeed have a 22kt textured band from Raven's Refuge. I think their website only offers 21kt, but they can certainly do it in 22kt. I also think that they can't go as thin as SS, but it's like .1mm wider, so not a big deal in my opinion.

I had mine resized within the past 6 months to a 1/2 size bigger and the costs were really surprisingly minimal, at least compared to what local jewelers were charging for 14kt bands.

I wholeheartedly recommend them. Their customer service is excellent and the band is beautiful.

goodliferunner

Rough_Rock
aargh! My original post disappeared.

Anyway, have you looked at the bands at 23rd Street Jewelers in Santa Monica? While I wouldn't recommend their loose diamonds (they sell EGL and I have an ACA), I think their custom gold rings are quite lovely. I tried on their 2mm textured/hammered 22k round ring recently and will probably be buying it in the next month or so. The quality and weight were on par with the Single Stone Jane ring, but it's half the price at $500. The ring is not on their website, but if you can make it to one of their locations it might be worthwhile.

I love, LOVE Single Stone and ogle the pieces at their San Marino location whenever I am in that area. The Colette setting will be mine if I ever get an OEC! However, when it comes to simple textured bands, I didn't see much of a difference between their $1000 Jane ring and the $500 23rd Street one. I read somewhere on PS that 23rd Street uses the same bench as Single Stone? Not sure if that's true, but it might explain why the rings looked so similar to me.

I don't have any experience with Raven's Refuge. I did look at their Etsy site awhile ago, but their 2mm band was still more expensive than the 23rd Street one. I'm sure their rings are beautiful, too.

Hope that helps! :wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1451997628|3970922 said:

I do indeed have a 22kt textured band from Raven's Refuge. I think their website only offers 21kt, but they can certainly do it in 22kt. I also think that they can't go as thin as SS, but it's like .1mm wider, so not a big deal in my opinion.

I had mine resized within the past 6 months to a 1/2 size bigger and the costs were really surprisingly minimal, at least compared to what local jewelers were charging for 14kt bands.

I wholeheartedly recommend them. Their customer service is excellent and the band is beautiful.

Thank you LoganS! Do you have photos? My google search pulled up your name, but not the post :( I don't want it uber thin. I think for him, a 5.5-6mm, and for me a 3-4mm?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
goodliferunner|1451999342|3970940 said:
aargh! My original post disappeared.

Anyway, have you looked at the bands at 23rd Street Jewelers in Santa Monica? While I wouldn't recommend their loose diamonds (they sell EGL and I have an ACA), I think their custom gold rings are quite lovely. I tried on their 2mm textured/hammered 22k round ring recently and will probably be buying it in the next month or so. The quality and weight were on par with the Single Stone Jane ring, but it's half the price at $500. The ring is not on their website, but if you can make it to one of their locations it might be worthwhile.

I love, LOVE Single Stone and ogle the pieces at their San Marino location whenever I am in that area. The Colette setting will be mine if I ever get an OEC! However, when it comes to simple textured bands, I didn't see much of a difference between their $1000 Jane ring and the $500 23rd Street one. I read somewhere on PS that 23rd Street uses the same bench as Single Stone? Not sure if that's true, but it might explain why the rings looked so similar to me.

I don't have any experience with Raven's Refuge. I did look at their Etsy site awhile ago, but their 2mm band was still more expensive than the 23rd Street one. I'm sure their rings are beautiful, too.

Hope that helps! :wavey:

I believe their hammered ring bench is the same as SS's. They had a few other rings that looked almost identical to SS rings. I know 23rd street told me they use the same bench as SN Queens (NEVER go there) when I shared with them the horror story of dealing with them. It wouldn't surprise me if they all used the same guy.

Good to know they charge less, too. I'll compare their prices with RR's prices and pics. I live super close to 23rd street's Manhattan Beach location, so I can always stop by. Thanks!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1452015969|3971059 said:
Logan Sapphire|1451997628|3970922 said:

Thank you LoganS! Do you have photos? My google search pulled up your name, but not the post :( I don't want it uber thin. I think for him, a 5.5-6mm, and for me a 3-4mm?

Hmm...mine is the very thin one. I didn't inquire about larger widths, but I don't see why they couldn't make wider ones.

I only have a picture with my ering. I think mine is 1.9mm, but I'm not certain.

_35890.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
By the way, do you know the NYC jeweler Reinstein Ross? They have all sorts of gorgeous gold (I considered bands in 20k peach and 22k apricot); this one might be up your fiancé's alley: http://reinsteinross.com/prod_details.php?id=29&cid=9&sid=17

I've seen their stuff in person and it's amazing. LOVE the various gold colors. It will be more expensive than Raven's Refuge for sure, but I can't say how it compares to SS.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results