shape
carat
color
clarity

Radiant Diamond Engagement Ring Setting - Feedback, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

girl66

Rough_Rock
Dear Pricescope,
This is my very first post, although I''ve been researching this site for a couple of months. My boyfriend has just purchased my BEAUTIFUL engagement ring which we should be receiving on Monday (and then he will "surprise" me with a proposal in the near future).

I have never really been a jewelry person and knew NOTHING about diamonds before PS, but have always known that I wanted a nice ring when the time came. But I just had no idea how nice it would be or how much I would ABSOLUTELY love it! I have to say, I owe a big thanks to EVERYONE here on PS. I cannot believe how much I have learned about diamonds and how addicting it can be to just research them! It''s my new favorite pastime!

I know it''s after the fact and my ring is already purchased, but I would very much appreciate everyone''s feedback!

My diamond has an EGL-USA certificate. I know, I know, it''s not GIA or AGS, but it''s a very pretty diamond and I think we got a good deal. Again - interested in hearing everyone''s honest feedback on this, too! I don''t have the receipt on me, but we paid around $8500 for the diamond (give or take). We''re having it shipped out of state, so we''re saving a ton on the tax, too. Below you will find my diamond''s specs:

Weight: 1.92 CT
Shape and cut: Mod. Octagonal Brilliant (a.k.a. Radiant)
Measurements: 8.31 x 6.49 x 4.26 mm
Proportions
Depth: 65.70%
Table: 76.00%
Crown: 7.20%
Pavilion: 52.70%
Girdle: Very Thin to Medium Polished
Culet: None
Finish
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: SI1
Color Grade: H
Flourescence: Faint

Now, it was the setting that I found first and what made me fall in love! I hadn''t been looking for anything like it at all nor did I think I ever wanted anything this big (I had actually been looking at round center stones with one side stone on each side and more in the area of 1 - 1 1/2 CT for the center). It''s all still so new and strange to me that I can be so excited about something I''ve never really had any interest in! Part of me feels a bit awkward thinking about wearing it because it''s so not "me"... but the other (bigger) part of me just cannot wait!

Attached is a picture of the setting from the jeweler''s website. The setting is platinum with 0.90 CT of F color / VS2 clarity diamonds (including 4 baguettes and 8 small round brilliant diamonds). The opening can fit an 8 x 7 mm cut stone.

Total cost for everything was $11,317 (for setting, diamond, shipping/insurance, etc.).

Feedback, PLEASE! And thank you! Once I receive the ring (and if I can figure it out) I will upload some pictures of the real thing. Right now all I have is a picture of it on my had that I took with my cell phone.
3.gif

FJSetting66.jpg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely drool worthy
18.gif
and unique.Do you know who is the designer? Hope to see photos of the finish product on your finger soon.

girl66

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Diamondbug!
26.gif
I am so anxious to get the ring!

I don''t know who the specific designer is aside from being told it was custom made in Italy. I bought it from Firenze Jewels in Manhattan. See the 18k gold version of the ring on their website in attached link: http://www.firenzejewels.com/store/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=3721. They were wonderful to deal with and I would definitely recommend them to others.

I would love to hear from other Radiant lovers and experts on what they think of my ring.

Thank you!

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
That is a beautiful and unique setting! I can''t wait to see pictures of it in real life with your diamond in it! Congratulations!

girl66

Rough_Rock
I attached the only picture I have of the ring. It''s a bit blurry as I took it with my cell phone - but you get the idea! Better pictures to come next week!

36.gif

top of the rocks.jpg

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/22/2009 11:29:57 PM
Author: girl66
I attached the only picture I have of the ring. It's a bit blurry as I took it with my cell phone - but you get the idea! Better pictures to come next week!

36.gif
Whoaa!

You have beautiful dainty fingers which makes the ring look huge...
37.gif

Don't get me wrong that is a big stone...

I really like your setting and the diamond is classy and the accent stones give the center stone a bigger look too!

WoW!
9.gif

girl66

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Josh! That''s very nice of you to say!
In all my searching, I really haven''t seen another setting like it... I am so happy with how it came out!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, what a stunner!!!!!!!
30.gif
You have beautiful hands, too! Great choice, it''s amazing!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results