shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick Question about Tiffanys.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laplacz

Rough_Rock
If you were to buy a diamond, can you take it to tiffanys and have it set? I was just wondering if anyone has ever actually tried to do that and what they said... I know that there are pleanty of similar solitare settings out there, but I was just curious if tiffanys would do this...

Thanks

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I haven't tried to do that, but I don't believe it can be done. I'd imagine they would have serious objections to setting a "non-Tiffany" diamond in their Tiffany setting.

eyesoftexas

Shiny_Rock
It will never happen. They only sell their diamonds in their mountings. eck, they were reluctant to clean my wedding ring because it was not from Tiffanys and it was like I was asking the world of them to do it meanwhile I am buying a diamond ring from them!

kevinng

Shiny_Rock
So.... their service is not as excellent as in "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? They won't engrave your ring from the cracker-jack box?
loopy.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hee, hee. No. I went with my friend to have her simple Tiffany bracelet repaired and I couldn't believe that they charged her for it. Two blocks away, at a old-time, local San Francisco jeweler I brought a ring I hadn't even purchased there and they re-sized it for free. Now *that's* customer service.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Can Tiffany's even be considered a jewerly store? They must farm out their work to someone, but we'll never know b/c I'm sure there's some sort of non-disclosure contract.

I sincerely doubt that they have a glass factory, a pottery factory, silverworks, bench jewelers, etc.

I think that they can't do it... even if the policy was that they won't do it. Either of those are plausible.

starfire

Shiny_Rock
Hi verticalhorizon,

To answer your question, yes. At least, in Singapore, they outsource their jewelry setting. Most if not all jewellers do. Of course, some may actually employ goldsmiths. But these are few and probably limited to mass chainstores.

Best regards,
Stephen Tan

----------------
On 6/30/2004 12:41:05 PM verticalhorizon wrote:

Can Tiffany's even be considered a jewerly store? They must farm out their work to someone, but we'll never know b/c I'm sure there's some sort of non-disclosure contract.

I sincerely doubt that they have a glass factory, a pottery factory, silverworks, bench jewelers, etc.

I think that they can't do it... even if the policy was that they won't do it. Either of those are plausible. ----------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results