shape
carat
color
clarity

Questions on I color and bluenile.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmamrosh

Rough_Rock
I am a newbie here and to the diamond purchasing scene so any opinions would be helpful. I have been doing my homework on the various C's and cuts and dimensions and just need to get others advice/opinions. I have 2 questions.

1. What have you all heard about buting from www.bluenile.com? I liked the site for selection and the fact that the stones have a GIA report.
2. I am thinking of going with a I color stone. My budget is very limited. Are I colored stones noticable yellow or dull? Would the stone look better in a white gold or gold setting? I wanted to go white gold but heard that maybe it would bring out the I color.

Here is the scope on the diamond:
.58 carat, G cut, I color, SI1 Clarity, Depth 78.3%, Rable 68%, Symmetry VG, Polish Exc., Girdle Med-sl. thick, no cutlet or Fluor., L/W 1.11 @$980

Ooo - Princess cut

ANy thoughts/advice/opinions greatly appreciated and THANKS in advance!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have a lot knowledge about princess cuts but the one you listed seems to be cut a little too deep. That will make the diamond look smaller than it is. I also find BlueNile's prices to be a little higher than the other PS vendors. An I colored diamond as a general rule is white enough for white gold or platinum. How about taking a look at this ideal cut G color stone at DCD. It's only about $75 dollars more for a better color, same clarity and is the right depth. It's only .06 smaller but with the ideal cut would probably look as large or larger because it's not as deep. There would be absolutely no question that this diamond will face up white enough for white gold or platinum.

www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=3033083

jmamrosh

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info. That diamond does look better but I dont see the report on it. Do you know if they provide one?

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
If you call them and ask they would be glad to get you a copy of the report.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jmamrosh,

My friend has a princess solitaire that is a H color VS clarity and it is very white but calling vendors directly is worth your while and time in my opinion. Also go to a fine jeweler and ask to look at loose princess diamonds in near colorless with a very good cut and that should give you a good idea.

I have an I color round diamond engagement ring from Blue Nile and it is very white to clear as water. I have made several purchases from them and have been extremely happy with my purchase and their customer servicse. I personally did not find the prices high because you have a 30 day return policy, no restocking fee, free in-house appraisal, financing and 90 day without payments or interestl Whatever you do take your time and ask the vendors all the question that you have and make sure that you understand the return policy. Good luck!
1.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS jamomrush!
35.gif

This one seems like it might be a nice stone if it''s eye-clean (you''d have to ask DCD) - .62 I SI2 - http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=3033190

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/30/2004 10:58:52 AM
Author: pearcrazy
Here's a direct link to the diamond Alexah was talking about.

Thanks pear - since the system upgrade, i don't have the link icon when i'm at home on a mac using safari
7.gif

jmamrosh

Rough_Rock
I am happy I came across this site. I appreciate the input. Looking at the BN diamond, I see know that that it is deep. I like the ones from DCD. I called to get some more info from them but they are closed on the wekend. More time for me to educate and browse! Thanks everyone.....

jmamrosh

Rough_Rock
I ordered this one!! I will send pics when I receive it. Thanks everyone

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6908684

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Yippee, that looks like the one I recommended!! I feel like I won a prize that you decided to order it!!

Let us know what you think when it arrives.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results